Fall calves at Simme Valley

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
2F is an Executive Order out of Victoria (Brightie) (a cow sold in HPF sale)

2F with her playmate 9Y3F - a Milestone out of my old Lass donor cow (Power Stroke cow)

4Y2F is a full sib to 2F

I sure wish our area would accommodate some ... Frowned on around here plus we don't have the rain/groceries y'all prolly have there

Ohhh, I love a good red simmi! Look forward to watching these girls grow. I have 5 straws of Milestone, want to use it on the right cow and pray for a heifer!

Very nice calves really like all of them. I wouldn`t mind having a red baldy heifer one of these days we`ve only had one and I sold her and probably shouldn`t have because we haven`t had one since.

Thanks! My top two heifers sold were reds last year.
9Y3F is the oldest by a couple of days. The two red ones were born while we were at NY State Fair.
All 3 were embryo calves. Got another one due tomorrow. A Shock Force x Miss Power Lass (my old donor - deceased).
I have a Mack AF & a Classified due in about 10 days, while we are gone to a fair.

WinterSpringsFarm":dfvcz5l9 said:
Would be real interested in 9y3f if she doesn't have a home already planned for her!
You might not be interested in her price!! LOL
All my calves are for sale. I would be glad to keep you posted. I stalked you on FB and see you have started showing. Lots of work but really lots of fun.

I understand and am still interested. Don't know till you ask type deal. And the ones worth having are never cheap!

Yes we did start showing, I did not get to take the best one. I just didn't feel comfortable taking her, but we decided we needed to take the plunge even if we knew we couldn't win. It was a whole bunch of work but I do really enjoy it.

We used to show at Timonium and they had a Simmental sale there. Then one year, they held the sale at the sale barn in Frederick. We unloaded the first heifer and she stepped off the trailer onto grass and tail went up & she bolted. Hubby was off guard and she got away. Ended up having to hire a roper on horseback & got her back. She was a perfect angel after we got her. She went thru the sale to a new show home. Quite the experience!!

The first show/sale for a calf can be quite the experience. We had a similar one with one my brother bought. Up until last year she was a pest in the pasture and wouldn't leave you alone.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":12fw81dw said:
We used to show at Timonium and they had a Simmental sale there. Then one year, they held the sale at the sale barn in Frederick. We unloaded the first heifer and she stepped off the trailer onto grass and tail went up & she bolted. Hubby was off guard and she got away. Ended up having to hire a roper on horseback & got her back. She was a perfect angel after we got her. She went thru the sale to a new show home. Quite the experience!!

I spent a lot of time at that sale barn! Buts its gone now, has been for years. I don't live to far from where it used to be.

Latest posts