Fall Breeding What is everyone using..

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo said:
No mention of President or America, interesting.

We just did another flush to President. I think there's not too many people getting their America straws yet. We've been on the list since he sold and haven't heard anything yet.

Here's a nice President son at TK Angus who will sell this Spring.

LCBulls said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
No mention of President or America, interesting.

We just did another flush to President. I think there's not too many people getting their America straws yet. We've been on the list since he sold and haven't heard anything yet.

Here's a nice President son at TK Angus who will sell this Spring.

Thick rascal isn't he?

We will probably be using these bulls again:
U-2 Coalition 206C
SAV President
Sitz Accomplishment
VAR Power Play

New ones:
Grabers Mr Angus
Sydgen Enhance (heifers)
SAV Emblem?

I'm not a big fan of Enhance. But the Old man bought some. Should buy some Raindance again. His Calves have been my favorite this year.SAV Emblem (Raindance x 2369) looks pretty promising.

bse said:
used
Enhance
Weigh up 294
Discovery
Niagra
Rainmkr 11127
Sav Territory
Legend
Treasure
Reload
Concord
Raindance
Polled Herford Homeland
On repeats will use some Gizmo D Boss D45

Only thing I bought was Enhance, probably got enough in tank to do this 10 more yrs
You're one of the few people I know using Weight Up 294. I'd be curious why you're using him and what you like about him. Besides his poor foot and claw EPD scores, I really like him and am considering using him this year. I saw a few very nice heifer calves out of him back in August and September. Just looking for some more feedback on him as I've heard very little about him.

I like your list. It looks a lot like mine recently, just not as many bulls on my list. Will try Niagara this year for the first time, I've used Treasure and Concord and have had good results, and I also plan to sample Raindance as well as I've heard nothing but positive things about him.

Luckiamute said:
bse said:
used
Enhance
Weigh up 294
Discovery
Niagra
Rainmkr 11127
Sav Territory
Legend
Treasure
Reload
Concord
Raindance
Polled Herford Homeland
On repeats will use some Gizmo D Boss D45

Only thing I bought was Enhance, probably got enough in tank to do this 10 more yrs
You're one of the few people I know using Weight Up 294. I'd be curious why you're using him and what you like about him. Besides his poor foot and claw EPD scores, I really like him and am considering using him this year. I saw a few very nice heifer calves out of him back in August and September. Just looking for some more feedback on him as I've heard very little about him.

I like your list. It looks a lot like mine recently, just not as many bulls on my list. Will try Niagara this year for the first time, I've used Treasure and Concord and have had good results, and I also plan to sample Raindance as well as I've heard nothing but positive things about him.

294 just caught my eye looking at the book, he is a total outcross for me. He has enough performance and not to extreme. The foot score doesnt bother me ( maybe it should) reason is if its a true true number I have no cows that can walk or raise a calf. A simmental guy was telling me how well his numbers crossed, ( im not crossing) so i looked again, bought some last spring. I like to pick something new, just a hit or miss, last year was SAV Territory, hit as far as the calves look.

I think you will like Raindance my calves are good, just bred my first ones, so will still be awhile to truly know.

We value live calves over huge dead calves on a low input ranch.
Using Hoover dam
Capitalist 028
Coleman Regis

Bcompton53 said:
Using Hoover dam
Capitalist 028
Coleman Regis

Nice, we've used those bulls before. Nothing wrong with having live calves.
You will be giving up lbs at weaning if used on cows, but those Bulls make good replacements.

LCBulls said:
Bcompton53 said:
Using Hoover dam
Capitalist 028
Coleman Regis

Nice, we've used those bulls before. Nothing wrong with having live calves.
You will be giving up lbs at weaning if used on cows, but those Bulls make good replacements.

Yeah, we've got a wide variety of genetics at the moment, so some of these are pulling cows to center. Trying to bump maternal traits, doability, and phenotype in a couple generations.

Hoover Dam on a few select cows and heifers

KCF Bennett Absolute and Rito 6EM3 of 4L1 Emblazon on heifers

ASR Longevity Y184 (Sim) on all the grown cows.

We have got all of the heifers AI'd we put Cidr's in the last AI group tomorrow. On the heifers we used:

Niagira
Rainfall
Engage
Nemo
I had a few heifers that I went back old school and bred to Final Answer, he sure makes some nice females.

The group were setting up tomorrow are on their second third or forth calf so a little different bull battery for this group. President, Reign, Abundance, Torque, Boyd New Day, Final Answer, Traveler 004 and Coleman EXT 6149. I also am going to use some Coleman Engage on a couple high bw cows. We will start setting up recips on the 2nd and the donor gets her first shot on the evening of the 4th. The other donor is will not be flushed the first go round she didn't calve soon enough. The 9057 cow will be flushed to SAV Regard the first round, the second flush I am still trying to make up my mind. The 0524 cow will be flushed as soon as we can get her into the schedule and the first flush this year will be to Rainfall. With the holidays and trying to get ready for the sale on the 4th we have been flat out busy. One top of everything else both the boss and I have been sick I was afraid it was the flu it wasn't but sure felt bad enough if it wasn't then I sure pity those that have it because this was a bad round. Then I shared it with the boss so the two of us have been a coughing cranky mess the entire holiday. Thankfully we are both on the mend. Hope some of you folks can join us on the 4th, even if your not in the market for a bull or heifer we love visiting and taking cattle.

Gizmom

T & B farms said:
I enjoy these post.

Next year will be my last year using predominantly angus bulls for awhile.

I'm using Hoover dam heavily.
Connealy century 5739
Connealy United 1116
Mill bar Hickok

I'm researching some fescue raised black gelbvieh studs, but not having much luck yet.

Knoll Crest Farm in VA has gelbvieh born in the heart of fescue country. May want to look at their operation to see if anything trips your trigger.

gizmom said:
We have got all of the heifers AI'd we put Cidr's in the last AI group tomorrow. On the heifers we used:

Niagira
Rainfall
Engage
Nemo
I had a few heifers that I went back old school and bred to Final Answer, he sure makes some nice females.

The group were setting up tomorrow are on their second third or forth calf so a little different bull battery for this group. President, Reign, Abundance, Torque, Boyd New Day, Final Answer, Traveler 004 and Coleman EXT 6149. I also am going to use some Coleman Engage on a couple high bw cows. We will start setting up recips on the 2nd and the donor gets her first shot on the evening of the 4th. The other donor is will not be flushed the first go round she didn't calve soon enough. The 9057 cow will be flushed to SAV Regard the first round, the second flush I am still trying to make up my mind. The 0524 cow will be flushed as soon as we can get her into the schedule and the first flush this year will be to Rainfall. With the holidays and trying to get ready for the sale on the 4th we have been flat out busy. One top of everything else both the boss and I have been sick I was afraid it was the flu it wasn't but sure felt bad enough if it wasn't then I sure pity those that have it because this was a bad round. Then I shared it with the boss so the two of us have been a coughing cranky mess the entire holiday. Thankfully we are both on the mend. Hope some of you folks can join us on the 4th, even if your not in the market for a bull or heifer we love visiting and taking cattle.

Gizmom
Just used up our Rainfall the other day, well, two straws broke/exploded while thawing. SS rep will replace. We usually buy 10 straws at a time, only bought five of Rainfall. Woops. Only got to use 3, and now, as I had already known, Rainfall is going to be 3 months out. At least we have Playbook in the tank to breed the heifer (316 x Hoover Dam) that was supposed to get the last Rainfall straw

Gizmom,
Crazy we are using the same bull this year (niagra). I am using him on heifers and cows.. good luck on the 4th. I am gonna try and come by but I have to pull cidrs on the afternoon of the 4th.

for second year in a row I used Balgain of wye...

had two calves this year but I lost the heifer to sickness at about three months....steer calf is nursing both cows now and growing like a weed.
bred the two cows and a yearling heifer just a bit over three weeks ago...no heats observed this weekend...hopeful

pdfangus said:
for second year in a row I used Balgain of wye...

had two calves this year but I lost the heifer to sickness at about three months....steer calf is nursing both cows now and growing like a weed.
bred the two cows and a yearling heifer just a bit over three weeks ago...no heats observed this weekend...hopeful
I have tried to follow the bull as his HP EPDs are excellent. He sure seems to offer a good influence from Wye.

Latest posts