Fall 2020 breeding, what AI sires are you using?

Help Support CattleToday:

First year with Fate was this year, so dont know yet. He is a true heifer bull.

Trust was a favorite for a long time, used him like 5 yrs in a row.

Probably used Connection, sons (CC&7, plus walking bull Connection 9074) and grandsons (Wake up Call) as much as anything. They are fertile, docile, cow makers.. Wakes have the most growth, Connection has the best disposition, CC probably the most milk..

Yes was happy with all of them. We probably have the first Wake up Call pathfinder (she had a fate heifer this fall) but it certainly wont be the last pathfinder out of him.

ML Fuller,
Shape probably isnt getting alot of use because
1. he didnt go for BIG money (over $50 k)
2. He doesnt have goofy numbers..
Certainly doesnt mean he isnt a good bull, probably better than alot of bulls in the studs. I use Black Diamond for the same reason, I have seen him multiple times and the calves are great out of him.

used a ton of trust and connection, so shape is the combo of these. used shape's sire (fate) last year. not alot of holes to plug him in on. breed so few cows trying to keep it to 4 bulls or so..
What do you like about fate and trust? Have a shorter angus cow with good capacity to AI so thinking od using one of these.

ML Fuller,
Shape probably isnt getting alot of use because
1. he didnt go for BIG money (over $50 k)
2. He doesnt have goofy numbers..
Certainly doesnt mean he isnt a good bull, probably better than alot of bulls in the studs. I use Black Diamond for the same reason, I have seen him multiple times and the calves are great out of him.
Thank you for all the insight. Love a lot of what Shape does from a pedigree/performance/phenotype standpoint. He is getting bred to about 30% of our herd (some will be heifers) this fall. Hopefully I can report good news next fall.

can really speak more on trust than fate.. trust cattle with have a ton of capacity, muscle and be docile. trust are slick haired as well. our fates are only a month old.

if we were running strictly commercial cattle probably still be using trust.

Raindance (F)
Crackerjack (F)
Rainfall
ZWT Summit
Capitalist 316
Exclusive
And adding a Resource son soon, most likely Territory.

Basically we are focusing hard on 4136, 714, and 316 lines right now

Registered Red Angus and Simmental here

Red U2 Reverence and Red Widman Karl on the Red Angus cows

W/C Rolex on the Simmy heifer, and will be implanting a JBSF Berwick x Steel Force IVF embryo.

only have a few any more....but
I am going back again this year to Balgain of Wye.
this falls calves by him are uniform and stout and growing well and well made.
I am just dumb enough to repeat it.....
He has been a top performing sire in the Wye herd for a couple of years now and when I saw him two years ago I was impressed.....did not go to the sale this year because of the corona.

Latest posts