Fair Tax

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
Visit http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer

The Fair Tax plan replaces all federal income and payroll based taxes through the repeal of the 16th Amendment (The IRS).
The Fair Tax Act, in the House the bill is called HR 25; in the Senate, it is called S 13. It is nonpartisan legislation with sponsors in both parties.

It abolishes all federal personal and corporate income taxes, gift, estate, capital gains, alternative minimum, Social Security, Medicare, and self-employment taxes and replaces them with one simple, visible, federal retail sales tax administered primarily by existing state sales tax authorities.

Call, do not e-mail or write, call your two Senators in Washington. You can find out who they are at:
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_i ... rs_cfm.cfm

Call your House Representative; again, calling is much more impactful than e-mailing or writing a letter. Find them at:
http://www.house.gov/
Just put in your zip code (upper right of the page)

THIS IS A REAL CHANCE, slim but it could easily gain traction - THESE ARE REAL BILLS BEFORE CONGRESS

Show some passion – YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERNCE!

Some thing has to be done with the current tax laws. The only problem I see is the fair tax can still be manipulated in the same way our current tax code has been done. If the people don't speak out against these politicians it will be only a matter of time and we will be back in the same boat.

If every one was self employed and had to actually wright that check every quarter there would be a revolution. That was the biggest scam ever to start taking taxes out of peoples' checks.

I don't understand the concept of taxes in this country. If the government can't raise enough taxes to fund their spending addiction they simply print more money. Why then can they just not leave us out of the equation and just print money?

The problem is to many don't pay at all. What I have read on the fair tax seems to be as big a boondoggle as what we have now.
It should be a flat rate 10% income 10% SS thats it no matter if you make one dollar or a million.
The SS money should be made untouchable by that bunch of hogs we are feeding at the DC trough.
You have to pay to play. Federal government needs to get out of the welfare business that is a state issue.
Secondly get off the corperate tax wagon corperations don't pay taxes they collect them, that is just another way to tax us. Raise there taxes they raise the price on their goods to us, if it makes them unable to compete the go out of business both are bad for us.
No deductions

Sponsors in the House

H.R.25
Latest Title: Fair Tax Act of 2011
Sponsor: Rep Woodall, Rob [GA-7] (introduced 1/5/2011) Cosponsors (65)
Related Bills:S.13
Latest Major Action: 1/5/2011 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COSPONSORS(65), ALPHABETICAL [followed by Cosponsors withdrawn]: (Sort: by date)
Rep Adams, Sandy [FL-24] - 1/5/2011
Rep Akin, W. Todd [MO-2] - 1/5/2011
Rep Alexander, Rodney [LA-5] - 1/11/2011
Rep Bartlett, Roscoe G. [MD-6] - 1/5/2011
Rep Bilbray, Brian P. [CA-50] - 1/5/2011
Rep Bilirakis, Gus M. [FL-9] - 1/5/2011
Rep Bishop, Rob [UT-1] - 1/5/2011
Rep Boren, Dan [OK-2] - 1/5/2011
Rep Brady, Kevin [TX-8] - 7/29/2011
Rep Brooks, Mo [AL-5] - 1/5/2011
Rep Broun, Paul C. [GA-10] - 4/4/2011
Rep Burton, Dan [IN-5] - 1/5/2011
Rep Carter, John R. [TX-31] - 1/5/2011
Rep Conaway, K. Michael [TX-11] - 1/5/2011
Rep Crenshaw, Ander [FL-4] - 1/5/2011
Rep Culberson, John Abney [TX-7] - 1/5/2011
Rep Duncan, Jeff [SC-3] - 1/5/2011
Rep Duncan, John J., Jr. [TN-2] - 1/5/2011
Rep Farenthold, Blake [TX-27] - 1/5/2011
Rep Flake, Jeff [AZ-6] - 1/5/2011
Rep Fleming, John [LA-4] - 1/11/2011
Rep Foxx, Virginia [NC-5] - 1/5/2011
Rep Franks, Trent [AZ-2] - 4/14/2011
Rep Gibbs, Bob [OH-18] - 3/8/2011
Rep Gingrey, Phil [GA-11] - 1/5/2011
Rep Granger, Kay [TX-12] - 1/6/2011
Rep Graves, Sam [MO-6] - 6/1/2011
Rep Graves, Tom [GA-9] - 1/5/2011
Rep Hall, Ralph M. [TX-4] - 1/24/2011
Rep Huelskamp, Tim [KS-1] - 1/24/2011
Rep Hunter, Duncan D. [CA-52] - 9/15/2011
Rep Issa, Darrell E. [CA-49] - 1/5/2011
Rep Jenkins, Lynn [KS-2] - 3/8/2011
Rep King, Steve [IA-5] - 1/5/2011
Rep Kingston, Jack [GA-1] - 1/5/2011
Rep Kline, John [MN-2] - 1/24/2011
Rep Lankford, James [OK-5] - 1/5/2011
Rep Lewis, Jerry [CA-41] - 9/12/2011
Rep Long, Billy [MO-7] - 1/5/2011
Rep Lucas, Frank D. [OK-3] - 2/8/2011
Rep McCaul, Michael T. [TX-10] - 1/5/2011
Rep Mica, John L. [FL-7] - 1/5/2011
Rep Miller, Gary G. [CA-42] - 1/5/2011
Rep Miller, Jeff [FL-1] - 1/5/2011
Rep Myrick, Sue Wilkins [NC-9] - 1/5/2011
Rep Neugebauer, Randy [TX-19] - 1/5/2011
Rep Nugent, Richard [FL-5] - 1/5/2011
Rep Olson, Pete [TX-22] - 1/5/2011
Rep Pence, Mike [IN-6] - 1/5/2011
Rep Poe, Ted [TX-2] - 1/5/2011
Rep Pompeo, Mike [KS-4] - 1/5/2011
Rep Posey, Bill [FL-15] - 1/11/2011
Rep Price, Tom [GA-6] - 1/5/2011
Rep Rigell, E. Scott [VA-2] - 3/29/2011
Rep Roe, David P. [TN-1] - 5/3/2011
Rep Ross, Dennis [FL-12] - 1/5/2011
Rep Scott, Tim [SC-1] - 1/5/2011
Rep Stearns, Cliff [FL-6] - 1/5/2011
Rep Stutzman, Marlin A. [IN-3] - 1/5/2011
Rep Sullivan, John [OK-1] - 1/5/2011
Rep Thornberry, Mac [TX-13] - 1/5/2011
Rep Walberg, Tim [MI-7] - 1/5/2011
Rep Westmoreland, Lynn A. [GA-3] - 1/5/2011
Rep Wittman, Robert J. [VA-1] - 1/5/2011
Rep Young, Don [AK] - 1/5/2011

Sponsors in the Senate

S.13
Latest Title: Fair Tax Act of 2011
Sponsor: Sen Chambliss, Saxby [GA] (introduced 1/25/2011) Cosponsors (8)
Related Bills:H.R.25
Latest Major Action: 1/25/2011 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COSPONSORS(8), ALPHABETICAL [followed by Cosponsors withdrawn]: (Sort: by date)
Sen Burr, Richard [NC] - 1/25/2011
Sen Coburn, Tom [OK] - 1/25/2011
Sen Cornyn, John [TX] - 3/30/2011
Sen DeMint, Jim [SC] - 1/25/2011
Sen Inhofe, James M. [OK] - 6/6/2011
Sen Isakson, Johnny [GA] - 1/25/2011
Sen Lugar, Richard G. [IN] - 6/6/2011
Sen Moran, Jerry [KS] - 1/25/2011

The fair tax is, every $ spent in this country gets taxed. It should not matter whether your poor or rich everybody should pay the same % of taxes. The fair tax = no loop holes for anyone.

highgrit":2dumsldc said:
The fair tax is, every $ spent in this country gets taxed. It should not matter whether your poor or rich everybody should pay the same % of taxes. The fair tax = no loop holes for anyone.

Right.

I wouldn't mind it a bit. I think you shouldn't be able to vote if you don't pay taxes and have a stake in the game. Its too easy for people to spend other people's money.

I am all for the Fair Tax... been a proponent since it first came around. Its the only equal and fair way for everyone to pay the same tax on all goods bought. Dont want to pay taxes? dont buy anything....ha

This is entertaining. Why a sales tax? Why not a flat tax on income? Seems that would be more equal. Everyone pays the same rate. Every corporation pays the same rate. Since the present tax policy is that I have to pay taxes on world wide income, so should all corporations. Any corporations found to not have paid taxes on world wide income should be taxed on that money at 95%. Perhaps that would make them want to be honest for a change.

Start this by charging a flat tax on total wealth to make up for the redistribution of wealth that has occurred over the last 40 years. We'd again have three divisions of population, the poor, the middle class and we'd still have the rich.

In the list below of supporters? I note not one private citizen. Just politicians. Protecting their rich political supporters. :hide:

gimpyrancher":67lvlvi5 said:
This is entertaining. Why a sales tax? Why not a flat tax on income? Seems that would be more equal. Everyone pays the same rate. Every corporation pays the same rate. Since the present tax policy is that I have to pay taxes on world wide income, so should all corporations. Any corporations found to not have paid taxes on world wide income should be taxed on that money at 95%. Perhaps that would make them want to be honest for a change.

Start this by charging a flat tax on total wealth to make up for the redistribution of wealth that has occurred over the last 40 years. We'd again have three divisions of population, the poor, the middle class and we'd still have the rich.
In the list below of supporters? I note not one private citizen. Just politicians. Protecting their rich political supporters. :hide:

if we took all the money divided it equally.
in 1 year we'd still have those same 3 classes and most likely it would be the same people as before. they would just have more tatoo's, piercings, gold teeth, big screen tv, play station and etc.

lots of wealthy people are rich because they are intelligent hard working people
lots of poor people are poor because they lack one or the other or both of the aforementioned

Be careful with this. By the time tax reform becomes reality we'll have a sales tax and only a little break on income taxes. Income taxes have to be "eliminated". The IRS disbanded and the Constitution amended before I will accept a Federal sales tax. I have heard about 20% floated as a trial. What will that add to a car? A refrigerator?

> lots of wealthy people are rich because they are intelligent hard working people

Not to mention the thousands of special tax breaks they have enjoyed since most of them weren't rich. It always helps the argument when you don't include all the factors. Either provide all the tax breaks they enjoy to every one, or get rid of all of them.

john250":2ohma4hv said:
Be careful with this. By the time tax reform becomes reality we'll have a sales tax and only a little break on income taxes. Income taxes have to be "eliminated". The IRS disbanded and the Constitution amended before I will accept a Federal sales tax. I have heard about 20% floated as a trial. What will that add to a car? A refrigerator?

Perhaps more importantly, how much would it add to the price of yachts, luxury cars and jets? Would it also be applied to mansions? Perhaps also stocks? Come on, let's be equal. :lol:

gimpyrancher":mpyika22 said:
john250":mpyika22 said:

Perhaps more importantly, how much would it add to the price of yachts, luxury cars and jets? Would it also be applied to mansions? Perhaps also stocks? Come on, let's be equal. :lol:

A few years ago "they" put a luxury tax on yachts. Yacht builders shut down and laid off many "average joe" workers. Who builds mansions? Guys swinging hammers. You cannot "punish the rich" without hurting everyone else. And that makes me as sad as anyone. I would personally tax Warren Buffet 100% on his dividends just for being an enabler for the guy who wants to raise MY taxes. It is a shame that he had to hire an army of accountants and lawyers to preserve his right to give his estate away tax free. His children will pay less than a guy who inherits 20 acres.
Keep the rich spending, even if it is for "bling". Firearms, whatever. It all bubbles through the economy. Some guy buys a jet, some machinist has a good job.

Well I think it's B.S. to tax folks that are willing to work, while the deadbeats pay nothing. Lots of folks work by the hour, if your willing to work more than 40 hrs per week why should you have to pay taxes on time and a half, or double time. Our country penalizes the folks that are doing the actual work, and gives tax breaks and wright-offs to the owners. Look how many dumbocrates had tax troubles trying to get to be cabinet members in 2008. Sure makes me wonder just how many didn't get caught.