fair or not?

Help Support CattleToday:

It won't bring back the worker who was killed, but if safety measures can be put into place to prevent this sort of thing again, then it's fair. If it were a member of my family that were killed, this is what I would want.

Lammie":9vfcyhp6 said:
It won't bring back the worker who was killed, but if safety measures can be put into place to prevent this sort of thing again, then it's fair. If it were a member of my family that were killed, this is what I would want.

Do you think the family deserves a monetary payment?

GMN

Wallmart made a deal rather than going to trial and being found guilty which would have opened up a much larger can of worms in respect to law suits. If the family of the deceased worker files suit they stand alone against Wallmart who has very deep pockets. The average worker can not afford his own up front attorney fees to fight a court battle that could last for years. It is not fair but it is what it is.
Tom.

kerley":3fxm2fmq said:
Wallmart made a deal rather than going to trial and being found guilty which would have opened up a much larger can of worms in respect to law suits. If the family of the deceased worker files suit they stand alone against Wallmart who has very deep pockets. The average worker can not afford his own up front attorney fees to fight a court battle that could last for years. It is not fair but it is what it is.
Tom.

Thats the point, Walmart has deep pockets, they should do the right thing and settle with the family too, although I am not sure what kind of money could ever be equal to a persons life, but in the end, if the guy wasnt working there, he would be alive today.

GMN

I'm betting they did settle and that there was some sort of gag order on it. Or they may have gotten a huge wal mart gift card...

I hope Wal-Mart and others will stop haveing these "doorbuster" sales..There have been many people hurt.

Latest posts