Facial recognition cameras........

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
First off I am not a thief and I know businesses use these as a source to prevent loss. I have been in a couple business recently that had these. I remember looking up and the camera software had facial recognition in progress going across the screen. I guess my point is how far is to far with technology? I see this as positive then again almost feel like invasion of privacy. In countries that want or have almost full control of their people (China, North Korea examples) they have cameras galore. If and when they take our guns and every move we make is watched with technology IMO quality of life will go down.

This reminds me of a time when I was in elementary school and the local police station did a project with the schools where they came in and fingerprinted all the kids. We had to bring home a permission slip so that they could do it. The idea was that then they would have our fingerprints on file. It was a "rest assured" to our parents, it was only to help in the future. Well my mom said no, I was so confused at the time why she wouldn't want me to take part. But she said "trust me, one day you may thank me for this". True story and I see she was trying to protect my privacy.

Last time we went on a cruise I was shocked how the facial recognition really worked. They would take a picture of me from a distance and 2 mins later it was uploaded to my phone. The system knew it was me and emailed it to me. It could easily pick me out of a crowd.

callmefence said:
How does it work if everyone is wearing a mask?

On the radio this morning they were talking about just that. And apparently at least one version of the facial recognition software still had a 95% accuracy. That was obviously for the type of masks people are currently wearing because of the virus and not the dead president masks one may use to rob banks if one was so inclined.

Latest posts