Facebook

Help Support CattleToday:

Facebook

• Yes, I'm on Facebook

Votes: 52 76.5%
  • Face what?

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • I'm feeling pressure, I may join soon.

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
HOSS":28xupmrr said:
cfpinz":28xupmrr said:
I didn't like anyone when I was in school, so why would I want to socialize with them now?

I've got this 90% rule. When I meet someone new, there's a 90% chance I'm not going to care for them right up front. Of the remaining 10%, 9 out of 10 of those folks will migrate to the annoying category. So I guess what I'm saying is there's a 1% chance that I'll actually make an attempt to be friendly. And that's on a good day.

Geez! Thats tough cfpinz.........I bet you are the life of the party :lol: :mrgreen: :p
He cuts out a lot of uncertainity with his method. That in itself should be a real time saver.
:nod:

I have a facebook page but haven't done anything to it in months. Frankly, I don't really have any interest in it. All the friends requests can get a little stupid, especially when it is just a friend of someone you used to know but never hung out with... A good way to find out about class reunions but not a lot else. Plus, I don't have anything inappropriate on mine, but I don't want students finding my page. I know some folks in education who have put some pretty stupid stuff on their facebook and myspace pages.

Ryder":1wvkgqih said:
HOSS":1wvkgqih said:
cfpinz":1wvkgqih said:
I didn't like anyone when I was in school, so why would I want to socialize with them now?

I've got this 90% rule. When I meet someone new, there's a 90% chance I'm not going to care for them right up front. Of the remaining 10%, 9 out of 10 of those folks will migrate to the annoying category. So I guess what I'm saying is there's a 1% chance that I'll actually make an attempt to be friendly. And that's on a good day.

Geez! Thats tough cfpinz.........I bet you are the life of the party :lol: :mrgreen: :p
He cuts out a lot of uncertainity with his method. That in itself should be a real time saver.
:nod:

You nailed it. I find it easier just to be an azzhole from the get-go.

I'm on there. Always wondered where people went when they left here. I'm always amazed where life has taken people from my childhood. Some I would never have thought would make anything of themselves are quite successful and the opposite that has happened to the ones you thought had a leg up on everyone else.

dieselbeef":22dwl9b0 said:
i hadnt talked to my cousin in 30 yrs..she found me on facebook....still didnt deter the wife from havein a cow tho

You can get yourself into trouble accepting friend requests. :nod:

If its a dude, accept the request. If its one of the boss lady's old friends, check to make sure she and her friend are already friends on FB. If not, there's something wrong with that picture.

10-4 on dat....i just had more women than men and she didnt like the way it looked....i cleaned it up but still closed it fer now..she signed up andd maybe shell let me back on..its harmless but she didnt like the way it made HER look she said....i did whatever it takes to make her happy cuz shes most imp...esp if i wanna be happy

DB, you also have to ask yourself what men participate in FB. I've got a lot of friends who never log on, but their wives do. Men seem less interested.

I resisted for a long time. My uncle's health went south and I joined just because of all the updates. Got connected with some cousins and old friends. Got hooked.

Anyway, from my perspective, there are much less men on FB than women. So that twists the odds of who you are going to be friends with.

thats true..and who can resist the urgings of a woman to be her friend...like i said..its the internet..its harmless...and you can be anyone ya wanna be...some of my friends have been areested for trying to be someone they werent....i dont feel the need for any of that..just how it worked out but yeah..alot of the people ya friend are friends of friends looking to increase headcount

gary

I am on FB too, I like to keep in touch with relatives ,my old college roommates, family, friends a few old grade school friends etc. Also have great friends from CT on there as well. I confess I too play Farm Town and Farmville. I wish real life farming was that easy. Hubby just laughs and rolls his eyes as he is a FB hater ,but I get to keep in touch with a few of his family on there as well.

hillsdown":2jnckqh4 said:
I am on FB too, I like to keep in touch with relatives ,my old college roommates, family, friends a few old grade school friends etc. Also have great friends from CT on there as well. I confess I too play Farm Town and Farmville. I wish real life farming was that easy. Hubby just laughs and rolls his eyes as he is a FB hater ,but I get to keep in touch with a few of his family on there as well.
I'm a Farmville junky, I'll admit it. Drives the hubby insane. I've been liking FB a little better since a lot of cattle assoc. and show information has started to pop up on there. Makes my search for information a little faster.