Facebook

Help Support CattleToday:

OwnedByTheCow

Reaction score
Last year around this time my sister started a page for our small farm. I am not much of an internet person but it was quite worth it. The amount of connections our farm has made with people has increased our sales of animals tremendously. I connected with a local restaurant and they offered to start selling my products. This may not be big but for a teenager who needs a car it is. It's helped me so much. Do any of you have facebook farm pages or just normal pages?
I will add a link to my farm page once I get home.

OwnedByTheCow":27fgr024 said:
Last year around this time my sister started a page for our small farm. I am not much of an internet person but it was quite worth it. The amount of connections our farm has made with people has increased our sales of animals tremendously. I connected with a local restaurant and they offered to start selling my products. This may not be big but for a teenager who needs a car it is. It's helped me so much. Do any of you have facebook farm pages or just normal pages?
I will add a link to my farm page once I get home.

I'm happy to hear about your Facebook success story. I know we need one for our farm for all the reasons you cited. I really need to get moving on a page, is your sister busy? :D

That's great that it has worked so well for you and your family! we do not have a page for the farm, but I do have a "personal"/"regular" Facebook page which has been great for keeping in touch with distant family members and friends that have moved away.

I have a page for my cattle and it has brought me a few customers. Mainly, it's a place I can reliably store pics as I don't have a ton of faith in other sites. I also like to hook up with others breeder's sites and see what they are producing.

I'm one of the 2 or 3 people left on the planet that haven't joined Facebook, but I'm glad it's working well for you.

Farm Fence Solutions":leaxey52 said:
Rafter S":leaxey52 said:
I'm one of the 2 or 3 people left on the planet that haven't joined Facebook, but I'm glad it's working well for you.

Just find the third, and we are all here.

looks like we have 4.. :wave:

i really need to join to get this facebook marketplace to advertise on... but.. i really...really... don't want to join facebook.

ddd75":2smgq6p6 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2smgq6p6 said:
Rafter S":2smgq6p6 said:

Just find the third, and we are all here.

looks like we have 4.. :wave:

i really need to join to get this facebook marketplace to advertise on... but.. i really...really... don't want to join facebook.
i guess i make 5 :)

How do you guys survive without all the drama?Watch reruns of soapbox operas? I've had a few I have had to unfollow because of childish whining but have been pretty careful of my friends.

JW IN VA":3394vjqg said:
How do you guys survive without all the drama?Watch reruns of soapbox operas? I've had a few I have had to unfollow because of childish whining but have been pretty careful of my friends.

:lol2: :lol2:

Drama can be a bad thing about FB but like you say, the unfollow button can be handy.

I like it because I can keep in touch with family and friends without having to go out of my way. Its also been helpful in connecting with friends I've lost touch with. I also sell food on a FB business page and its been a free way to let people know what I have to sell. All I need do is post something and say if you want it come and get it and I sell it till its gone. This way I don't have to worry about storing inventory or contacting people to let them know when something they want has been made. It just saves time. And its free.

It is great for marketing and for me your average teenager a great tool for connecting with people. Although i use it more for marketing myself for 4-H and FFA events and elections.

JW IN VA":l7mlwvpa said:

My wife calls this site "Redneck Facebook".

Rafter S":2zk855e5 said:
JW IN VA":2zk855e5 said:

My wife calls this site "Redneck Facebook".

You can learn something here,though.I use FB a good bit to keep in touch with folks I rarely see.

Latest posts