Facebook

Help Support CattleToday:

Rafter S":waqw13um said:
JW IN VA":waqw13um said:
How do you guys survive without all the drama?Watch reruns of soapbox operas? I've had a few I have had to unfollow because of childish whining but have been pretty careful of my friends.

My wife calls this site "Redneck Facebook".
My wife call it old man Facebook

I have a page for my ranch on facebook. Have about a 150 people following it. I have had a few people looking to buy. I like it as my page is anonymous, I never put pictures of myself or family, I can keep pictures of the cattle on there without fear of losing them when I lose my phone or computer crashes. Also easy way to keep track of dates of births and purchases. I update my page when calves are born, when I add new animals to the herd etc.... and its free. Its basically like a free website. When selling on craigslist and people ask questions, I can refer them to my page and they can see the calves the cow produced etc... makes selling elsewhere easier and backs up my story when telling others about what I have.

My friends freezer crapped out on him the day we slaughtered a nice steer last week, he was getting a half.

I only had room for a qtr. So I took a pic and put it on our local "what's happening Manchester Facebook " page. And honestly sold the 2 quarters in 38 minutes for $3.75/lb hanging weight plus cut and wrap. Normally we get $3.99 but I was in a bind.

I would like to make a Farm Facebook page but haven't. We're just kind of known as "the Farm" locally. Even though we do have a Farm name.

ez14.":1a80t2vl said:
ddd75":1a80t2vl said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1a80t2vl said:
Just find the third, and we are all here.

looks like we have 4.. :wave:

i really need to join to get this facebook marketplace to advertise on... but.. i really...really... don't want to join facebook.
i guess i make 5 :)
What is this facebook thing some people speak of?
I guess I ain't much of a follower, tho I know all the kewl kids rave about it.
I'm #6.

Watched 2 of my 30 something year old sisters-in-law get into a physical knock-down-drag-out in mother-in-law's living room a few years ago, all on account of "That (female dog) unfriended me on facebook!"
Clothes were torn asunder, blood flowed, bosoms exposed.
I sat back on the sofa and enjoyed it thoroughly.

greybeard":npatuvpz said:
ez14.":npatuvpz said:
ddd75":npatuvpz said:
looks like we have 4.. :wave:

i really need to join to get this facebook marketplace to advertise on... but.. i really...really... don't want to join facebook.
i guess i make 5 :)
What is this facebook thing some people speak of?
I guess I ain't much of a follower, tho I know all the kewl kids rave about it.
I'm #6.

Watched 2 of my 30 something year old sisters-in-law get into a physical knock-down-drag-out in mother-in-law's living room a few years ago, all on account of "That (female dog) unfriended me on facebook!"
Clothes were torn asunder, blood flowed, bosoms exposed.
I sat back on the sofa and enjoyed it thoroughly.
:lol: :lol:

are you saying im not a kewl kid??? :x :x :x

:lol:

D&C You can create a page and set the settings to private so no one can friend you, then create your farm page without getting involved in the everyday drama.

slick4591":3f2ar1o3 said:
D&C You can create a page and set the settings to private so no one can friend you, then create your farm page without getting involved in the everyday drama.
Yep, my personal page is private. I have less then 10 friends connected, half of those are family, they rarely post. I deleted the 70 friends I had. Dont care where people vacation or when they are stuck in traffic. People post all kinds of boring crud, like I cared. I had connected with old highschool classmates, then I asked my self why? I am a different person now, deleted them all. The only reason I am on is to do business with the cattle and keep tabs on my wife and daughter.

Latest posts