Facebook password

Help Support CattleToday:

I'd laugh at them for a request like that . I dOnt face book or twitter . I wouldn't have anything to hide but that allows access to your friends pages and you can't control your friends and what they post . But to me that is infringing on privacy ..

I would think that asking for login data is like taking your bank card and pin. Just no way.

Not that I have either accounts,

There's two sides to every story and then there's the truth.
I see a lot of stuff on Facebook that is just plain stupid to post to the world. Remember, life is tough and if you are dumb it's even tougher.

lynnmcmahan":3dvgl9o2 said:
There's two sides to every story and then there's the truth.
I see a lot of stuff on Facebook that is just plain stupid to post to the world. Remember, life is tough and if you are dumb it's even tougher.

:clap: :clap:

well said

We don't do Facebook or twitter or Myspace either. The only annoying thing about NOT doing the Facebook thing is many folks I know, even businesses tell one to "go to our Facebook page", well, you can't do that unless you join Facebook.

Katherine

Hi Katherine,

I set up a Facebook page at the behest of a client for whom I was executing a mortgage loan a few years ago. She was surprised I didn't have one and after hastily slapping one together (with the help of my teenage daughter) I suddenly had the "credibility" she needed to feel better about doing business together. I guess this is the world in which we live.

Larry
aka TT

Boy that's a slippery slope... Wait until the the first closet gay etc. person with a chip on thier shoulder doesn't get hired after giving up the password. The lawsuits will roll... "They're not allowed to ask if I'm gay or..." It won't last after the first few lawsuits roll in.
Personally, I think a potential employer should be able to ask whatever they want. If they ask a bunch of questions that make you REALLY uncomfortable then perhaps this is not the job for you! It will come out sooner or later. :nod:
We've got hiring someone so regulated that employers can't screen out people that are potential lawsuits in the making and people that will give their company a bad reputation. I personally don't want to know anything about a potential employees private life but I'd sure like to know if they're the type of person that will run my name into the ground when they think I'm not looking and I'll use every tool that's legal to figure out who is the real deal and who isn't.

As a employer I don't care what they do after the leave work . As long as they work hard and show up on time . The rest is none of my business ...

Kinda like living in a small town. Sort of creepy, I think, but I'm old and I don't have to worry about. I have maybe 4 pics on facebook and none of them involve me passed out in public.
I like to think I'd look a potential employer in the eye and ask nicely "why, do you want my password" ?
I guess the answer would depend on how bad they needed help. And how bad I needed work.

TennesseeTuxedo":6ksdvdd8 said:
Hi Katherine,

I suddenly had the "credibility" she needed to feel better about doing business together. I guess this is the world in which we live.

Larry
aka TT

I remember when having a website would give "credibility", times have changed. I'm sure, at some point in the future, I'll find myself joining out of necessity. Like cell phones. There was a time some years ago I didn't think we'd ever have a cell phone, now my husband and I each have one. Nothing fancy though :lol:

Katherine

I can look at this whole scenerio another way. As an employer, if I ask an applicant for something private like that, and they are stupid, desparate, or gullible enough to give it to me, I would NOT hire them. There are such things as proprietary data, intellectual property, and trade "secrets" that I wouldn't wan't some bucket mouth telling people. I'm a first impression, impressionable person, and if an interview, or series of interviews ever escalated to a need to know someones facebook login, games already over

I'd say "I'll be happy to show my Facebook page to you, but I am NOT handing over my password".

How would they expect me to keep confidential info CONFIDENTIAL if I'm handing over my OWN confidential info?? :dunce:

I call :bs:

Latest posts