Face Warts

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
I've got one heifer that has a couple of warts on her face, other than not looking attractive they don't seem to be a problem. Should I get rid of these or let them be? My farmer mentor that I've worked with over the last three years sometimes gets them with pliers and sprays something on them to keep from infection. They don't seem to bother her or cause a problem.

You can apply liquid nitrogen to remove the wart or give antimony potassium tatarate injection

I bought a young bull a couple weeks ago on craigslist that had 7 dime sized warts around his nose. I took a pair of pliers and pulled them off. Sprayed blue lotion on them, healed right up. You'd never know they were there.

Oscar...,

Did you pull all of them off by plan ....to activate immunity? Reason for asking is ...I have heard several say you only have to pull a couple off...to activate the immunity response.

I pulled them all off because there were only seven. Had their been a greater number I would have just done the largest ones. It takes longer to see results when you crush a few.

Latest posts