face transplant

Help Support CattleToday:

I think that it's great that someone who has had their face damaged to the point that they are no longer recognizable can have this kind of operation. It is a little scary, though, thinking about someone with someone else's face. It is probably really hard for the recipients, too. Medical technology has come a long way.

Lammie":3qc0bp68 said:
I think that it's great that someone who has had their face damaged to the point that they are no longer recognizable can have this kind of operation. It is a little scary, though, thinking about someone with someone else's face. It is probably really hard for the recipients, too. Medical technology has come a long way.

They said that the donors family was able to see before and after pictures of the lady and that it really meant alot to them knowing they helped someone else. I wonder if she will look like the donor eventually? Could open many doors for especially burn victims, scarring, etc..

GMN

I bet it is hard to find a face donor. I guess you would have to take what ever came along.
Tom

I imagine there must be criteria, as far as similar looks, etc,, skin condition. They said she has had some issues with organ rejection, must really have been a ordeal for her, one which will continue on for some time yet.

GMN

Culp's husband, Thomas, shot her in 2004, then turned the gun on himself. He went to prison for seven years

OMG talk about being a crappy shot he missed not once but twice. 7 years in prison,, what a freakin joke..

I am very happy for her and I hope the extra procedures they still plan to do work out for her ... I just cannot imagine what that poor woman has had to endure these past 5 years.. :(

Tatertot":oghaczed said:
I wonder why it is mostly females interested in this? :? If it was a brain transplant ya'll probably wouldn't care.
My luck they would probaly give me the brain of a southern republican male ~ I'd sooner go without.

Oh wait........ Nah, its too obvious.......

angie":1gfowym8 said:
Tatertot":1gfowym8 said:
I wonder why it is mostly females interested in this? :? If it was a brain transplant ya'll probably wouldn't care.
My luck they would probaly give me the brain of a southern republican male ~ I'd sooner go without.

I was just kidding around. No reason to be ugly. :lol2:

Tatertot":ugnp3if0 said:
Well because if the woman was the shooter to begin with we wouldn't even be having this conversation as there would have been no need for a transplant... ;-)

Tatertot":3hvn3adg said:
I was just kidding around. No reason to be ugly. :lol2:
You are new. Soon you will learn that I was joking also. If you stay, you will learn that my favorite jokes are about how stupid women are, and how rude people from the north are. They crack me up! :lol2: :clap: I am doing this -----> :lol2: just thinking about it!

edit ~ Sorry GMN for the highjack.

the bones of the skull determine how the skin shapes..like if i wore a t shirt,then dolly wore it..

I watched a program about this once and they did have a man that wanted a face transplant because he'd been horribly burned. I went to school with a boy that had been badly burned on his face and I always felt so sorry for him. Just a boy and having to go like that all his life.

angie":1hfckcix said:
Tatertot":1hfckcix said:

After a while Tatertot you'll learn when you mess with Angie you have your hands full,and you will get the results no mater if you like it or not you like it or not. :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol:

Cal

hillsdown":6r38jtf8 said:
Culp's husband, Thomas, shot her in 2004, then turned the gun on himself. He went to prison for seven years

OMG talk about being a crappy shot he missed not once but twice. 7 years in prison,, what a freakin joke..

I am very happy for her and I hope the extra procedures they still plan to do work out for her ... I just cannot imagine what that poor woman has had to endure these past 5 years.. :(
this case sounds like she was cheating on him. or leaving him. the outcome was bad, but in a situation like this the man or women, goes without sleep, cant hardly eat maybe put on antidepressents loses control of their thinking

Calman":2kmwyj2i said:
angie":2kmwyj2i said:
Tatertot":2kmwyj2i said:

After a while Tatertot you'll learn when you mess with Angie you have your hands full,and you will get the results no mater if you like it or not you like it or not. :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol:

Cal

I'm sure she's not as mean as you make her out to be.

this case sounds like she was cheating on him. or leaving him. the outcome was bad, but in a situation like this the man or women, goes without sleep, cant hardly eat maybe put on antidepressents loses control of their thinkingQuote:

All I got to say to this is WHAT? Surely you aren't blaming the victim in this, frankly her husband should have gotten life in prison for what he did to her. Now she has got to worry about when he gets out, if he will come after her again. If it was true that she was gonna leave him, so what? There still is no excuse for what he did to her.

GMN

Latest posts