F350 farm truck with bale unroller....

Help Support CattleToday:

D2Cat":142poz6y said:
Saw this on Cl. Not mine or associated with it.

https://seks.craigslist.org/grd/d/farm-truck/6493332768.html

Tried to post a picture, but I'm not talented enough!

373k with a gas burner it looks like....also the tire tread comes down on George's face it looks like ......

A9LGVKj.jpg

That's pretty funny - I've got two trucks identical to that one, same color and all. Both 7.3 5 spd's, one has a Hydrabed and one DewEze. Absolute best trucks I've owned in my life.

cfpinz":1hry04fj said:
jltrent":1hry04fj said:
I like the shed it is in.........

Those trusses look like 8' on center???

The top rafter is probably a 2x12 with 2x6 lath going across. I have a garage 40'x30' with rafters on 8' I think, and the guy who built (he has built a lot) said they are strong (like in picture). It was built in 1999 and no sway yet. You order them in a kit and just put together. The place I got mine from was right next to Tri-city airport between Kingsport-Johnson City. You tell them what you want and they put it in the computer and it makes a kit for that size. They brought the whole building on a tractor trailer and the guy put it up in two days after getting the poles set the day before.

I like the truck and one of the best, but too many miles as everything is getting close to needing rebuilt/repaired.

jltrent":20j9nt2e said:
cfpinz":20j9nt2e said:
jltrent":20j9nt2e said:

The top rafter is probably a 2x12 with 2x6 lath going across. I have a garage 40'x30' with rafters on 8' I think, and the guy who built (he has built a lot) said they are strong (like in picture). It was built in 1999 and no sway yet. You order them in a kit and just put together. The place I got mine from was right next to Tri-city airport between Kingsport-Johnson City. You tell them what you want and they put it in the computer and it makes a kit for that size. They brought the whole building on a tractor trailer and the guy put it up in two days after getting the poles set the day before.

That's interesting, I've always laid purlins flat but those look vertical.

I like the truck and one of the best, but too many miles as everything is getting close to needing rebuilt/repaired.

Yup. Never seen a feed truck with that many miles with such straight sheet metal, though.

cfpinz":1vk4fgzi said:
jltrent":1vk4fgzi said:
cfpinz":1vk4fgzi said:

That's interesting, I've always laid purlins flat but those look vertical.

Yup. Never seen a feed truck with that many miles with such straight sheet metal, though.

It looks to have been taken good care of, shed kept and probably well maintained. With 15 trips around plant Earth it probably would go a few more trips with a little TLC.

jltrent":2w9p2uw4 said:
cfpinz":2w9p2uw4 said:
jltrent":2w9p2uw4 said:

Gotta be careful with those feed trucks. Many get ran all day long and only have 20 miles put on them.

The last one we sold only had 240k on the odometer, but was it was more like 500k in actual wear.

jltrent":2prhsdyo said:
cfpinz":2prhsdyo said:
jltrent":2prhsdyo said:

What is the name of the place near the airport that sales them?

pricefarm":2nyw3mny said:
jltrent":2nyw3mny said:
cfpinz":2nyw3mny said:

What is the name of the place near the airport that sales them?

It has been a while, but if I remember correctly it is called: Southern Building Systems, Inc. Address: 2732 TN-75, Blountville, TN 37617
Phone: (423) 323-3208

I went there before the building was built and I can't remember if I bought it straight out by myself and/or I had to also give the contractor info and get it through his lic. You could call and see as it has been 19 years ago (as it may not be there now or doing a different business). It is right at were you turn up to the Tri-City airport gate if I remember correctly. Their metal is about as good as you can get as my building the metal after 19 years looks as it did day one.

This was the best picture I could find, and when I blowed it up not so good.
bbBaU2p.jpg

Latest posts