f250 transmission

Help Support CattleToday:

xbred

Reaction score
gas 5.4...transmission gone 150,000 miles....to completely rebuild transmission, new torque converter and all new electrical...$3,000.00 plus tax....1 year or 12000 miles warranty...body and engine in excelent condition.... can i get another 150,000 miles?

For $3,000, if you get another 30 or 40,000 miles you'll be good. Price a new truck and $3,000 seems like a steal.

X, depends, depends, depends. And I ain't talkin' about them diapers, either.

If your xmission guy is worth his salt and he replaces all the bushings, all the lip seals, hardback seals, steel plates, friction discs, torque convertor and reconditions the pump you can get another 150K. I'm with Mr. Wilson. $3K is a little steep considering there ain't $300 worth of parts goes into a rebuild like I described above.

lavacarancher":123en4a4 said:

If your xmission guy is worth his salt and he replaces all the bushings, all the lip seals, hardback seals, steel plates, friction discs, torque convertor and reconditions the pump you can get another 150K. I'm with Mr. Wilson. $3K is a little steep considering there ain't $300 worth of parts goes into a rebuild like I described above.[/quote]

Better price a convertor for that truck it is 350.00 alone for a good one.

xbred":123en4a4 said:
gas 5.4...transmission gone 150,000 miles....to completely rebuild transmission, new torque converter and all new electrical...$3,000.00 plus tax....1 year or 12000 miles warranty...body and engine in excelent condition.... can i get another 150,000 miles?
Yes you can get another 150,000 if it is done right like lavacarancher said. Guys around here charge anywhere from 2500.00 to 3500.00 for that trans to rebuild.

Now did you take care of it before it went out? ( change fluid like you should of) If you dont keep it changed then just go buy another truck.

Morning. Look into what a Jasper Rebuilt transmission cost. They have a better warranty and will include some upgrades. If
your rebuilder knows what he is doing and stands behind his work then feed him!

I agree with JHH. 5.4 is a good motor. If you looked after all your other fluids and filters, it's not unreasonable to get at least another 100k. :cowboy:

JHH":1rz9ajfy said:
lavacarancher":1rz9ajfy said:

If your xmission guy is worth his salt and he replaces all the bushings, all the lip seals, hardback seals, steel plates, friction discs, torque convertor and reconditions the pump you can get another 150K. I'm with Mr. Wilson. $3K is a little steep considering there ain't $300 worth of parts goes into a rebuild like I described above.[/quote]

Better price a convertor for that truck it is 350.00 alone for a good one. Check with your transmission parts wholesaler on a rebuilt DATCO convertor.

xbred":1rz9ajfy said:
Yes you can get another 150,000 if it is done right like lavacarancher said. Guys around here charge anywhere from 2500.00 to 3500.00 for that trans to rebuild.

Now did you take care of it before it went out? ( change fluid like you should of) If you dont keep it changed then just go buy another truck.

2008 and yes, I've kept the engine in tip top shape, oil and the works very often...body still in great shape...vinyl seats not torn, ac that blows cold, and "the old possum" on the CD...tail gate kind of ragged, but closes and opens smooth..hide away fifth wheel, built in trailer package....wish i had cab lights...something about them i like...by the way, a while back my trailer brakes quit working..all lights and signals were ok....long story short, new battery in the truck and everything went back to working aok...

Latest posts