F250 Super Duty

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Is there anything in particular to watch out for with the 2000 F250 Super Duty Diesel 4X4?

Thanks
dun

I don't know if it's anything to worry about but I have a 2002 with 40,000 miles and last week the alternator quit , the guy where I got a new one said they have had a lot of trouble with them. That's the first problem I've had with the truck

dun":p46swvdh said:
Is there anything in particular to watch out for with the 2000 F250 Super Duty Diesel 4X4?

Thanks
dun

Be sure to change the tranny fluid and flush the torque converter every 36000 miles.

Yeah, watch out, you've got a FORD!! :lol:

That should say it all right there.

All kidding aside, all brands have their faults and strengths.

Looks like the question has been OBE anyway. By the time I got back to them someone else was taking it out for a couple of days test. Ah well, procrastination can sometimes save money

dun

the super duty's don't have enough back seat room. i checked one out myself and decided it wouldn't be worth having ppl scrunched in the back seat. decided to go all the way and get a crew cab. now i just gotta find one i like.................

cowgirl580":1scba81e said:
the super duty's don't have enough back seat room. i checked one out myself and decided it wouldn't be worth having ppl scrunched in the back seat. decided to go all the way and get a crew cab. now i just gotta find one i like.................

I think you mean supercabs. The Crew Cab will still be a Ford Super Duty unless it is only an F150, in which case it is called a supercrew. Super Duty referrs to load handling ability, not cab size. No offense, BTW.

no, i mean superduty. they have the suicide doors. the crew cab has the regular back seat doors. supercrew is a dodge term for 4 dr.

cowgirl580":26eqbn1m said:
no, i mean superduty. they have the suicide doors. the crew cab has the regular back seat doors. supercrew is a dodge term for 4 dr.

sorry cowgirl, but gw's right. Super Duty doesn't refer to number of doors.

a Ford truck can be a crew cab (4 full doors) Super Duty. it can also be a supercab (extended cab, small back doors that open opposite the front doors) Super Duty.

here's the website, you can check it out:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/superduty/

okay, i hate to be mean, but i know it has 4 doors, but its not a crew cab. a true, original crew cab has the doors that all face the same way. do ya'll know what suicide doors are? that would be what the superduty has. take a look at your link again and what do you see :?:

Wewild":ryiik7r2 said:
cowgirl580":ryiik7r2 said:
okay, i hate to be mean, but i know it has 4 doors, but its not a crew cab. a true, original crew cab has the doors that all face the same way. do ya'll know what suicide doors are? that would be what the superduty has. take a look at your link again and what do you see :?:

Go here

http://www6.forddirect.fordvehicles...Model=1&selectModel=2005+F-250+SD&statetoken=

3 different choices of cabs in the 250 SD.

ok, i took a look at my link again and i see a SuperCab SuperDuty. i had a picture of a CrewCab SuperDuty when i copied the url but apparently the url doesn't change if you're only changing the pics and went back to the original.

i don't want to be mean, either, CowGirl, but i think you're confusing SuperDuty with supercab. Supercab (not SuperDuty) is the extended cab with 2 full doors & 2 "suicide" doors

before responding, go back & read all the previous posts on this thread and then check out the link provided by WeWild. you will see that when building your SuperDuty, you have 3 different cab options: "Crew Cab" "SuperCab" and "Regular Cab" so you could have

a) Crew Cab Super Duty (4 full doors that open the same way)
b) Supercab SuperDuty (4 doors, 2 full & 2 small ("suicide" if that's what you choose to call them))
c) Regular Cab Super Duty (2 doors, no back seat)

once again, SuperDuty has nothing to do with number of doors.

btw, i know what you're trying to say, you're just using the wrong terms. the supercab's do have less room in the back than the crew cabs. :)

cowgirl580":37kirdnu said:

The downside to the crewcab, 4 regular doors, versus the super cab, 2 regular doors and 2 smaller doors, is that although the crewcab has more room in the back seat, it's also a longer truck. The problems iwth more rear leg room is lpeople are more willing to ride back there. I use the area behind the seat for everything other then people. If I wanted to haul people I'ld gt an SUV or use a car. MY preference is for people to drive there own vehicles and leave my truck to me. That way I don;t have to worry about niceties lilke keeping it clean, junk does accumulate and I clean the back seat area at least once a year.

dun

cowgirl580":3ebth4l2 said:

Txag has already finished this argument up, but just for the record, I have been a Ford buff since I was much younger than you are now, and I'd guess that I've got ten years or more on you now. I know my Fords. I used to write to the regional offices for in-depth info when I was about 12 years old. I have a picture of a developmental team standing behind a three foot tall model of a Ford eighteen wheeler that they sent me. I have owned more than one full size Ford pickup, and am driving a Ranger SuperCAB now. I was raised with a '77 Ford CrewCab that was a rare find. It had a SEVEN foot bed. I guess it was on a SuperCab platform that was designed for an eight foot bed. I don't know if it was special order or what, but it had 40,000 miles on it when my Dad bought it. It had the 400 ci big block, and was made in Canada.

dun":6li53xls said:
The problems iwth more rear leg room is lpeople are more willing to ride back there. I use the area behind the seat for everything other then people. If I wanted to haul people I'ld gt an SUV or use a car. MY preference is for people to drive there own vehicles and leave my truck to me. That way I don;t have to worry about niceties lilke keeping it clean, junk does accumulate and I clean the back seat area at least once a year.

dun

Same here.

dun":2lorhw8t said:

Thanks
dun

fuel injector problems. computer problems electrical problems. proverbial ford stuff there...