F1's

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Obviously not all F1 what should be baldys turn out that way. Same sire 3 Red Angus cows

comp-limited-edition.jpg

I'm assuming that's a Hereford bull, right? It's funny how some cut more white than others. I've got a polled hereford cow that has F243 as her MGS. She has that feather neck, white chest, and lineback that so many F243's had. But when I breed her to my Angus bull, every calf comes out with almost no white, even on the face. Just some white "eyebrows".

alacattleman":pehbzlyc said:
good looking calves do you prefer the bald face over what i call the blaze like the first calf

Don;t care on bull calves, on heifers I don;t really care either as long as the eye is pigmented. I don;t mean colored hair around the eye, the pigmentation on the eye itself

dun

BTW, my wife calls the last picturred calf CB. No CB, not after you. She thinks the face looks like a checkerboard

dun

How much white you get makes quite a bit of difference on what is in the Angus equation. I have used Angus on Herefords and vice versa and sometime you just never know for sure. I had one Angus bull that was a 9FB3 son that seldom covered the eyes.

dun":1ppuhcq5 said:
BTW, my wife calls the last picturred calf CB. No CB, not after you. She thinks the face looks like a checkerboard

dun

With CB for a handle be the hardest working bovine on the place. Watch out for bad back.

Latest posts