F 450 Ford

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefordcross

Reaction score
I have my third F 450, long story but, I'm on my third one. First one was a problem child, second one I got hit head on. I don't know what you could beat 'em with if you want to carry major weight all of the time. Dodge doesn't build anything that heavy and GM's products in that same weight carrying capacity look like a road tractor. I'll try to post some pics of my truck sometime, If I learn how to.Anybody wish to comment on this.

I aint in the chevy v/s ford thingy-my-bobber but around here ford makes a excelent work truck. And !!! also after they have 100 thousand miles, you can still shut the door without having to reach down in mexico & slam it !!
I never have cared for dodge.

Herefordcross":3rczskk8 said:
I have my third F 450, long story but, I'm on my third one. First one was a problem child, second one I got hit head on. I don't know what you could beat 'em with if you want to carry major weight all of the time. Dodge doesn't build anything that heavy and GM's products in that same weight carrying capacity look like a road tractor. I'll try to post some pics of my truck sometime, If I learn how to.Anybody wish to comment on this.

What loads do you pull?
What engines and axles?

Herefordcross":2uk6smis said:

It's a good truck. Only problem we had was with a rough ride. Something with the tires and they fixed it.

Our's is a gas burner.

I'd been looking for a newer farm truck for the last year or two and really wanted to get a 450 or 550 but the wheels changed my mind. They don't make an aggressive enough tire in 19.5 inch size. A friend bought a 450 with a hydra-bed on it last year and claims it's absolutely worthless if you're off the blacktop or gravel. The 350s are bad enough around here, wouldn't want anything worse. :roll:

cfpinz

Herefordcross wrote:

What loads do you pull?
What engines and axles?

The truck weighs six tons the way it sits, I'm tagged for 39k which once I hook to the gn I can only haul around ten ton.

Latest posts