F 250

Help Support CattleToday:

I had a 04 and a 06 both 6.0 l . Both stayed in the shop more than on the road . Warped heads bad injectors hpop . Etc . The last time I took the 06 in it 93k miles on it . The tech at the dealership tried to tell me the reason it was smoking was because the cranking amps were to low on the batteries . The new fords are made for your wife to go to town and pick up groceries or the occasional tv etc . I'll admit I worked the trucks . Hauled equipment hay dozier and a tool trailer. One or more of those every day of the year . Bought a 08 dodge and put 170k miles on it before I traded it in with no problems . Only reason I got rid of it is it was a standard and I wanted a auto . I have 100k on the new one with no problems . I'll never buy another ford .

J's, I've got the 6.0 and although its not the norm, it's got 250k towing miles on it. Problem with them is all the EPA bs. Deal with that stuff with some aftermarket mods and its a great engine

hooknline":1m508xd1 said:
J's, I've got the 6.0 and although its not the norm, it's got 250k towing miles on it. Problem with them is all the EPA bs. Deal with that stuff with some aftermarket mods and its a great engine
That may be why my dodges have lasted so long . 1k miles in I deleted the egr and all of the dpf stuff . Under the hood the motor looks like they did 20 years ago . A lot of room from all the stuff I had removed . Luckily the dealer I buy from is ok with the mods and will even put everything back on the truck if you have a problem that he has to call in a dodge rep for . He knows the emissions stuff Is what's ruining the trucks he works on the factory ones a lot more than the deleted trucks .

I know of 2 people with 2005 dodges. Both have has tranny problems( dodges downfall if you ask me) and both have poor oil control. As in dusted engines. Both have aftermarket air intakes. Mac air I beleive

hooknline":2d02v20b said:
I know of 2 people with 2005 dodges. Both have has tranny problems( dodges downfall if you ask me) and both have poor oil control. As in dusted engines. Both have aftermarket air intakes. Mac air I beleive
I agree the dodge auto's before 07 were not very good. Since then with the aisan 6spd auto they are better. I still would not have one, because i have a 07 4x4 daully 6.7 diesel 6 spd manual, and have not done anything to the engine and i get 18 to 21 mpg when i'm not pulling a big load. the same thing with a auto would get 13 to maybe 15 if you were lucky.

denvermartinfarms":1mym8wl2 said:
hooknline":1mym8wl2 said:
I agree the dodge auto's before 07 were not very good. Since then with the aisan 6spd auto they are better. I still would not have one, because i have a 07 4x4 daully 6.7 diesel 6 spd manual, and have not done anything to the engine and i get 18 to 21 mpg when i'm not pulling a big load. the same thing with a auto would get 13 to maybe 15 if you were lucky.
I have a 2011 auto and I get 17 with a steel flatbed .

JSCATTLE":7bcfjjmt said:
denvermartinfarms":7bcfjjmt said:
hooknline":7bcfjjmt said:
I have a 2011 auto and I get 17 with a steel flatbed .
I am shocked, i know of several even some 3/4 tons that are doing good to get 15. Have you done anything to it and did it come with a pick up bed or was it a cab and chassis. either way good for you i am glad to hear that it's doing that good.

Had a 7.3 f250 99 year model. A Turd stole it and stripped it. Bought a 06 Chevy duramax it is ok but no 7.3

My 2011 Dodge daully with a 6 speed only gets 14-15 mpg at 80mph. And I always felt I could load my Chevy, and put it in the back of my 99 Ford. My son has my Chevy dually now and he gets 19-21mpg. And his truck makes 500+hp. at the rear wheels. I had four 7.3 powerstrokes and everyone gave up with less than 350k miles. Ford makes the best truck, but their last 3 diesels were not much. IMO

highgrit":gphj53v9 said:
My 2011 Dodge daully with a 6 speed only gets 14-15 mpg at 80mph. And I always felt I could load my Chevy, and put it in the back of my 99 Ford. My son has my Chevy dually now and he gets 19-21mpg. And his truck makes 500+hp. at the rear wheels. I had four 7.3 powerstrokes and everyone gave up with less than 350k miles. Ford makes the best truck, but their last 3 diesels were not much. IMO
I had a 2000 7.3, just traded a 06 duramax that I loved. When I had the 7.3 I thought it was great but that duramax would shame it. Now I have a 12 duramax that shames the 06. The ford trucks are my favorite to drive but the front ends can't hold up and the dust is so bad here it kills the engines.

JSCATTLE":31b21i2w said:
hooknline":31b21i2w said:
That may be why my dodges have lasted so long . 1k miles in I deleted the egr and all of the dpf stuff . Under the hood the motor looks like they did 20 years ago . A lot of room from all the stuff I had removed . Luckily the dealer I buy from is ok with the mods and will even put everything back on the truck if you have a problem that he has to call in a dodge rep for . He knows the emissions stuff Is what's ruining the trucks he works on the factory ones a lot more than the deleted trucks .

Can you PM me the name of this place and what town? I have a 2010 Dodge.