F 250

Help Support CattleToday:

High pressure oil pump fittings. Pretty common for those to leak down into the valley

hooknline":1cqf5tl9 said:
High pressure oil pump fittings. Pretty common for those to leak down into the valley

Just started yesterday and is leaking enough the smell will run you out of the cab.
Can't see where it is coming from looks like as much diesel that is leaking it wouldn't run right or you could see it.

PS heard a thump yesterday when I cranked it

Is it diesel or oil? I thought you were talking oil. If its diesel your fuel rail is leaking. One rail to each bank of cylinders and it crosses over on the back of the block.

hooknline":36sjc5eo said:
Is it diesel or oil? I thought you were talking oil. If its diesel your fuel rail is leaking. One rail to each bank of cylinders and it crosses over on the back of the block.

x2 Had it happen on our '97 and '02

Galloway2":2gy30tiv said:
hooknline":2gy30tiv said:

How much is this jewel?

Caustic Burno":3kfo3uqu said:
Galloway2":3kfo3uqu said:
hooknline":3kfo3uqu said:

How much is this jewel?

Don't remember, my brother did 'em both. sorry

My '02 was leaking fuel on to the valley @ about 250K miles. Turned out to be the water drain O-ring on the back / bottom of the filiter housing. Cost about $60 to replace the entire assy. I looked for it for about a week and took it to the mechanic when couldn't stand the smell anymore.

hooknline":p1taa7ml said:
That's one of the best engines ever made. Run it into the ground.
:nod: my feed truck is an 02 F-350. The fuel leak is a common problem, but it's rated as one of the 5 best diesel engines ever made.