F 150 problem

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
It's an '88 F 150,and one front blinker is out,so I need to change the blub.. Simple,right? Well,I can't figger it out.. It's so bad I dreamed that "they" removed my brain,so I was carrying it around,wondering what I was wondering with!!!!! Anyhow,if one of you could tell me the combination to get into the thing ( in very simple words ) I'd be no end greatful. Thanks in advance..

:lol: Sorry I can't help the changing the bulb. I haven't owned a Ford since 1981. But your dream..... strange what we dream sometimes.

Don't know for sure but have you popped the hood and looked at the back side of the light assembly. Some models had a pile of wires that were wrapped in black that went to a plug. Think the plug is grey. You twist this - its like a key slot - and then pull and the grey thing will come out and give you access to the bulb. (I think you twist counter clockwise to the from the driver's position. Hope this helps)

If you can't get this figured out, most parts stores will help you figure stuff like this out. Will probably put the bulbs in for you for free if you buy them from their store. I know ours will. Good luck. Hope this helps.

Thanks--Son finally got thro a rough patch at work,so he's gonna come look at it..Thanks for the tip about the parts store..As I've said,brain ain't working right.. :oops: :? I was trying to croshet t'other day,couldn't get the chain to lay flat,then when got that beat,couldn't go back over it right~so I gave up on it 'till later.. Funny,I'm ok until I have to work out a puzzle.( or think I am :( )

When in doubt, either get a Chilton's manuel or tell the nice man at the auto parts store and he'll be glad to assist.

OK,son came ,fixed it up.. :clap: Said the bulbs were original . Nothing lasts anymore-truck's not that old... Anyhow,now I can make a left turn. :D thanks all

peg4x4":1dqo4p3h said:
OK,son came ,fixed it up.. :clap: Said the bulbs were original . Nothing lasts anymore-truck's not that old... Anyhow,now I can make a left turn. :D thanks all

Are you one of the few who actually use their blinkers!?! :tiphat:

Jogeephus":2mo5k7ns said:
peg4x4":2mo5k7ns said:

Are you one of the few who actually use their blinkers!?! :tiphat:
Not only that,I stop at red lights and stopsigns! :oops: also don't block driveways to fastfood places when at a light ( where applicable )
Don't get behind me on the hiway,I drive the speedlimit! :lol2:

Latest posts