Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Bos Tarus Bull X Brahman cow

• Brahman Bull X Other Bos Tarus Cow

• Other Bos Indicus Bull X Any Bos Tarus Cow

• Total voters
You are correct. I should have made it clear that I was asking in the poll about any F-1. I posted the link about Tigerstripe F-1s. Should have been consistent.

Campground Cattle":scgse48l said:
cherokeeruby":scgse48l said:

To get a true F-1 Tigerstripe is a HerefordxBrahman cross,the other crosses you indicated are F-1's. Black Baldies Super Baldies etc. etc.

My family doctor (gen. prac.) is a member of the family that owns & runs one of the divisions of the J. D. Hudgins Brahman ranch in Hungerford, Texas. He is active in the Hudgins ranch cattle business as well as his own cattle business. A few years ago I asked him if he thought it made any appreciable difference if when breeding for tigerstripes you used a Brahman bull with Hereford cows or the other way around. His response was that it did not. He had just bought around 300 Hereford cows to breed to Hudgins bulls --- a primary reason being that, in south Texas at least, you can usually buy quality Hereford cows a good bit cheaper than you can comparable quality Brahman cows. Another note -- they don't all "stripe up" --- the ones that don't are often referred to as "chocolate browns". Arnold Ziffle

In this area, anything that is balck with any amount of ear is referred to as Brangus. Could be just barely any ear to trumpet ears, it's still called Brangus.

dun

So far the vote is overwhelming in favor of Hereford Bull over Brahman Cow.

8 votes for that cross

1 for Angus Bull X Brahman Cow

1 for Brahman Bull X Hereford Cow

1 for Brahman Bull X Angus Cow

I am a bit surprised that it is so lopsided.

cherokeeruby":2e0f6t7r said:
So far the vote is overwhelming in favor of Hereford Bull over Brahman Cow.

8 votes for that cross
1 for Angus Bull X Brahman Cow
1 for Brahman Bull X Hereford Cow
1 for Brahman Bull X Angus Cow
I am a bit surprised that it is so lopsided.

I really like the Tigerstripes but I prefer Simmental-Nelore or Brahman cross, I'm more than a Continental breeder