F-1 Tigerstripes $

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
How much would you pay for a GOOD calm Tigerstripe heifer and/or cow? The reason i'm asking is i know the steers from the brahmanXhereford cross tend to get docked a lot so you'd have to make up for that by selling the heifers for more. How much would be enough to make up for the steer calves but still be low enough for people to actually consider buying?? Just curious..

I have seen several sets of open heifers ready to breed go for $900+ $800 is about average. Bred heifers in the $1000-$1100 are not uncommon. I think the price will varry greatly depending on the region you are in.

and the quality of the individual animals. Like in all cattle ventures, no matter what gee whiz combination you have, if the quality isn't there they sell just like everything else. They may be docked for being heifers with too much ear and will sell for substantially less then steers of the same breeding.

dun

JPO":1bf32ogj said:
I have seen several sets of open heifers ready to breed go for $900+ $800 is about average. Bred heifers in the $1000-$1100 are not uncommon. I think the price will varry greatly depending on the region you are in.

JPO":3m7ub9db said:

those prices are really close to what we saw last week at the commercial female sale at the san antonio stock show. also, 2-3 yr olds w/young calves sold for around $1200-$1500 with some bringing more. champion pen of 5 was $3500 each.

i went to a sale a while back and bred 1st calg tigerstripe heifers were bringing 1200-1300 a piece, selling in groups of 3 to 10 in a group, 7-9 months bred

F-1 tigerstripes are good mamma cows to put hereford,angus or british white bulls on. The reason the steers get docked is they are bound for feed lots in Greely Co. The British and European breeds grow off faster in the colder climates. In Eastern Texas it is common for breed heifers to bring 1000 to 1200 dollars.

Just curious - are these tigerstripes registered or just commercial?

I knew what their make up was - but I was somewhat amazed at the high prices. That's good!

We just came back from a Brahman / Brahman cross sale in south Texas.

The open tiger stripes were bringing between $800-$1000.. depending on how fancy they were. The breds $950-$1200, the pairs $1100 - $1300. The calves on the pairs where generally out of Angus bulls.

What makes a tiger stipe heifer "fancy" Not trying to be facetious, really would like to know. Does it mean just plain old fat?

TheBullLady":1f5jvzz3 said:
We just came back from a Brahman / Brahman cross sale in south Texas.

The open tiger stripes were bringing between $800-$1000.. depending on how fancy they were. The breds $950-$1200, the pairs $1100 - $1300. The calves on the pairs where generally out of Angus bulls.

To me fancy is good lines, feet and the general look of the animal. In registerd cattle the genetics can look fancy to(ie EPDs) . Just this last weekend I went to a sale in San Saba TX that sold 250 F1 Tiger stripes. All from 600 to 850 lbs at breeding age. The bottoms went for 650 - 700 and the tops went for 800- 900. :shock:

Latest posts