Eye Problem?

Help Support CattleToday:

K2011

Reaction score
Ok...my grandfather has this cow which is rather old...not even sure when she was born - she has always stayed well away from the other cattle and when others come near she walks away with ears back - well yesterday I noticed that she walked clean into a barbed wire fence...then 5 mintues later did the exact same thing - I looked at her eyes today but didn't see any clouding at all...so what do you think? I got some pics just in case mybe I missed something...she is old so I'm sure we will be selling her pretty soon...

CANON247.jpg

CANON253.jpg

CANON256.jpg

Is she touchable? How easy would it be to get her in the chute? A quick swat toward each eye should tell you if she's blind in either of them.

maybe she needs corrective lenses.. can't see the thin wire... definite possibility, i don't see anything physically wrong with her eyes

using something as big as your hand may she may still see, it might small stuff she can't see

She would put up a challenge getting her into the chute/pen...but if we do we will just sell her b/c she is old and doesn't go in the pen anyway...