• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Eye Problem?

Help Support CattleToday:

K2011

Reaction score
Ok...my grandfather has this cow which is rather old...not even sure when she was born - she has always stayed well away from the other cattle and when others come near she walks away with ears back - well yesterday I noticed that she walked clean into a barbed wire fence...then 5 mintues later did the exact same thing - I looked at her eyes today but didn't see any clouding at all...so what do you think? I got some pics just in case mybe I missed something...she is old so I'm sure we will be selling her pretty soon...

CPL

Reaction score
Is she touchable? How easy would it be to get her in the chute? A quick swat toward each eye should tell you if she's blind in either of them.

Nesikep

Reaction score
maybe she needs corrective lenses.. can't see the thin wire... definite possibility, i don't see anything physically wrong with her eyes

using something as big as your hand may she may still see, it might small stuff she can't see

OP
K2011

K2011

Reaction score
She would put up a challenge getting her into the chute/pen...but if we do we will just sell her b/c she is old and doesn't go in the pen anyway...

Latest posts