Eye opener

Help Support CattleToday:

J

Reaction score
After the event I experienced yesterday, I will now rethink the way I live my life. A very good friend of mine was shot yesterday in his home while his wife and kids slept in the next room. He died and with that I realized that, life IS too short. You never know when or where (why?) it might happen to you. I plan to change my ways and my habits. I will visit friends and family more and try to work less. I put this friend off on a few occasions when I was "to busy" or had things to do. Not anymore!
I am even considering a change of professions. I have been working at a job that I never have really cared for but the pay always made up for that. Now I am looking to find a job that makes me happy.
These next few weeks will be tough. I hope to learn from this and I feel like I already have. GOD BLESS you all and I hope that your eyes will be opened by this.

I'm very sorry, J. You are right, life is short - enjoy as much of it as you can! :)

Those are the kind of eye openers you hate to get. It does make one sit up and take notice. Have been there too. My condolences on your lose.

any loss of a friend is hard to take! to lose one violently is even worse! :(
my prayers and tears go out to the family as well as you!
need to talk! pm me lost a grandson to violent crime and have big sholders

sorry for your loss,but i know your on a good track, when you put god bless in your post, he wont put more on you than you can handle if you ask him to help, my prayers go to you and the family. god bless

J":rcz2jnci said:
A very good friend of mine was shot yesterday in his home while his wife and kids slept in the next room.

Are you talking about the shooting in Robinson, TX?

Very horrible situation! Although I didn't know the family, it's close to home. God bless, and our prayers go out to you in this time of tragedy.

J,
Sorry for your loss. Read the 46th Psalm. It's my favorite passage in the whole Bible and it really speaks to me.

Latest posts