Extreme Parenting?

Help Support CattleToday:

Agreed slick. If you study the video carefully and read online comments across the web, it becomes more clear that the video is staged and fake. Having said that, I still think it's hilarious and makes a great point of how we have let our children of this society "worship" video games and electronics becoming pale lazy zombies that could be contributing so much more to this world.

For some reason the video I first saw started when they were in the yard. Now that I see the first part I agree that it appears staged.

We allow zero video games, and television only after supper. I have two 10 year olds, and a 7 year old. They are seldom in the house. I am actually ashamed to tell this. My neighbor wanted to go muzzleloader hunting today. He's a sportsman I guess. He hunts from before daylight till after dark. Brings food with him, that sort of thing. I went down, and fed for him this morning, and again this evening. He has two girls one 18, and one 16. Not a light in the house on this morning, and this evening they both still had sweets on when I went down. Reasonably sure neither had been out of the house today, or dressed to meet the day as I call it. He works a ton of hours in town, and maintains one of the nicest herds of cattle in the county. Runs 45 pairs on 60 acres, and looks like he's 3 weeks to a month from feeding hay. In other words he's busy. Not entirely sure why, but the whole scene just breaks my heart. They are two of the sweetest kids you would ever hope to meet, and make good grades in school. It's just these are some of the best years of their lives, and can't be gotten back.

slick4591":2urnc6up said:
Ugh. I don't Alan, I can see my dad doing something like this.

I would have done something like that also, but you see the "kid" standing in front of the pile of games, he even "rakes" the pile with his hands without picking up a single game. He stands and yells at his dad, whoever is on the mower, for a while without trying to save a game. Completely staged and badly done.

A couple of years ago a dad shot his daughters computer. There was a great hue and cry about the need for gun control

I completely agree that's it's staged.

Bigfoot~ Being the kid of guy that sometimes can't keep his mouth shut I might have to talk to that guy. If he's not going to pay any attention to his daughters he ought to at least make them feed. Don't know if I could help him out very much when he has kids that are capable.

I'd say this is fake. It reminded me of a whole series of similar clips on you-tube where a teen is always getting upset about something and going off. I thought this was it, because the voice sounded like him, but I see it's a different one.

melking":2la9ipma said:
I am in favor of stricter lawn mower control. Lawn mowers kill grass...

Lawns mowers don't grass! People with lawn mowers kill grass!