Explain me this good or bad

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
Pharo%20Bull.jpg

This is Mr. Wallop of BQA, AAA Registration# 16380177. He is a direct son of Beral of Wye UMF 9288. In the photo Wallop was six years old. He is now 7 and will be on display at the 2016 Grassfed Exchange Conference in Perry, GA April 27-29. He is a 4 Frame bull and averages about 2200 lbs. through the year. 100% Grassfed!
Easy disposition, highly fertile, excellent feet and legs, easy fleshing...

https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl. ... Ri2w%3d%3d

He looks too fat to breed? Which I'm sure they probably collect semen from him rather than use him for natural service.

JMJ Farms":nujev040 said:
He looks too fat to breed? Which I'm sure they probably collect semen from him rather than use him for natural service.

If you look through the posts with joke titles about fat guys most of the good bulls look like that when they hit 5 or 6.

Good bull, no doubt, but his calves would lose $200 each off the top in a sale barn due to FS deduct. Worse, he has no tail! :cry2:

Why do one have to believe that grass finished cattle have to be short, thick freaks to be useful? We never needed that in the ones we sold and they did great. Maybe a way to market a type that loses money in the regular market?

Ebenezer":1eqfmz8v said:
Why do one have to believe that grass finished cattle have to be short, thick freaks to be useful?
Tell me about it! We have some Galloway genetics in our herd and we have some smaller framed Red Angus cattle. They're most efficient cattle I ever owned. I do like the looks of British Whites and smaller framed black Simmentals too.

Ebenezer":1760xyqg said:
Good bull, no doubt, but his calves would lose $200 each off the top in a sale barn due to FS deduct. Worse, he has no tail! :cry2:

Why do one have to believe that grass finished cattle have to be short, thick freaks to be useful? We never needed that in the ones we sold and they did great. Maybe a way to market a type that loses money in the regular market?

? Stick him on the right cows and laugh all the way to the bank.

Can I pay you to go bull shopping with me? You can run up the price on the tall skinny types so I can get the thick bulls for cheap. :lol2:

JWBrahman":qzdn11o3 said:
Ebenezer":qzdn11o3 said:

? Stick him on the right cows and laugh all the way to the bank.

Can I pay you to go bull shopping with me? You can run up the price on the tall skinny types so I can get the thick bulls for cheap. :lol2:
You can go with me. I'll take the frame 5.5 to low six heavy muscled bulls and you can have the short toads. I an't understand why so many think cattle that have a little more frame and stretch have to be light muscled. They can have as much muscle as any toad.

elkwc":2bfieetd said:
You can go with me. I'll take the frame 5.5 to low six heavy muscled bulls and you can have the short toads. I an't understand why so many think cattle that have a little more frame and stretch have to be light muscled. They can have as much muscle as any toad.

I thought 5.5-6 was a toad. Did we ever get a solid definition from anyone on the specifics of what is a toad? The way I read between the lines is a toad is any bull not produced by a handful of Hereford breeders on Herefordtalk.

What is the frame on these bulls? Are they toads? What is the frame score discount on their offspring?

Well it's been two weeks since I e-mailed the owners, and the one's trying to sell this bull, about the weights, and never got an answer.

Is that a bad sign, or do they just want you to buy it and figure it out later?

Most bulls' fertility takes a steep nosedive at about 7. Yeah, I know there are some that are still going strong at 10-12-14... but not many.
I wouldn't be bidding on that one and anticipating a long productive lifespan out of him... he's running on borrowed time from here on out.

Latest posts