Experience with Vindicator

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH":4dkc7vs7 said:
Hill Creek Farm":4dkc7vs7 said:
Chris H":4dkc7vs7 said:
Matt, I read some of the old posts and saw you were doing a bunch of embryo work last year. How many of those calves are on the ground now? Did you use registered Herefords as the recips? What kind of pregnancy rates did you get out of the implants?
We used Angus recips and other commerical cattle. We weren't to successful last year at doing embryo work. I really didn't get along to well with the embryologist. We are going to be doing a lot of implanting this Spring though and into the summer up to July. We are going to be putting in a lot of embryos this Fall as well. I have been pretty busy lately and I am looking down the road at having my first production sale in a few years. :cboy:

Good luck with it this year. Would like to see some pics in the fall or early spring of some of the calves by that donor cow you have in Herford world. I dont really know how all that embryo stuff works but I know that I will have to stick with the old fashioned way and a few A-I cows. JHH
Thanks JHH and I will send you some pictures of my embryos results. Actually, I will probably have some of them in a Hereford World ad next year. You can look at that as well, if you get the Hereford World. Thanks and take care. :cboy:

certherfbeef":uk3p6lrs said:
Hill Creek Farm":uk3p6lrs said:
Or maybe you can get your butt on a plane and come my way and I will show you a few of my top cows and my donors.

Hey Matt, why does Caustic get the see the cows and I couldn't see but a handful.
Cert, you can get on a plane with Caustic and come see them if you want too. I will prove that I have top quality cattle, just like the example in the Hereford World. That donor in the Hereford World is truly my top donor and was once owned by the Hermans in Ohio. They sold her to Ted Hunt and then Ted sold her to me. You all can get on a plane anytime you all fill like it and come on down and take a look. :cboy:

Hill Creek Farm":3kkiisa9 said:
certherfbeef":3kkiisa9 said:
Hill Creek Farm":3kkiisa9 said:
Or maybe you can get your butt on a plane and come my way and I will show you a few of my top cows and my donors.

Hey Matt, why does Caustic get the see the cows and I couldn't see but a handful.
Cert, you can get on a plane with Caustic and come see them if you want too. I will prove that I have top quality cattle, just like the example in the Hereford World. That donor in the Hereford World is truly my top donor and was once owned by the Hermans in Ohio. They sold her to Ted Hunt and then Ted sold her to me. You all can get on a plane anytime you all fill like it and come on down and take a look.

You own all of Keysha now? If I remember right, you claimed you got 28 good embryos from her in one flush, did you get any of them successfully implanted?

Chris H, the first flush conducted on Keysha was conducted by Ted Hunt and he got 28 grade #1 embryos. He flushed her to AA PRF Wideload. He actually has a picture of a embryo calf by Keysha and Wideload. A very thick looking calf and very showy. This calf is well suited for the showring. :cboy:

Hill Creek Farm":11p5a6rp said:
Or maybe you can get your butt on a plane and come my way and I will show you a few of my top cows and my donors. Then you can fly back home whining about how you can't have cows that good. :cboy:

Caustic,

Sounds like a road trip. maybe we could put something together just for the hell of it.... :D

Hill Creek,

You should be careful with your bragging rights. Your trend chasing is gunna take you down the wrong road sooner or later...if it has not already.

1848":2ekjdx4e said:
Hill Creek Farm":2ekjdx4e said:
Or maybe you can get your butt on a plane and come my way and I will show you a few of my top cows and my donors. Then you can fly back home whining about how you can't have cows that good. :cboy:

Caustic,

Sounds like a road trip. maybe we could put something together just for the be nice of it.... :D

Hill Creek,

You should be careful with your bragging rights. Your trend chasing is gunna take you down the wrong road sooner or later...if it has not already.
No, I am just explaining to you what I have. :cboy:

1848":3f4sfedy said:
Hill Creek Farm":3f4sfedy said:

Caustic,

Sounds like a road trip. maybe we could put something together just for the be nice of it.... :D

Hill Creek,

1848 I was never impressed by flyer cattle that had to be maintained out of a bucket. Why would you want to go look at stuff that was going to fall apart if it had to put on working clothes. If you want a list of real Hereford ranches pm me as I know quite a few in the state that have cattle that can perform in range conditions without a halter.

Caustic Burno":g5wf9t9l said:
1848":g5wf9t9l said:
Hill Creek Farm":g5wf9t9l said:

Caustic,

Hill Creek,

1848 I was never impressed by flyer cattle that had to be maintained out of a bucket. Why would you want to go look at stuff that was going to fall apart if it had to put on working clothes. If you want a list of real Hereford ranches pm me as I know quite a few in the state that have cattle that can perform in range conditions without a halter.
Caustic, Actually we develop all of our cattle to out perform there selves even if they are showring material. I even have bulls that would only fit the commerical or even a purebred Hereford breeder. I like bulls that are going to go out and work and not burn up. Most of my bulls, are put out on pasture and are fed twice a day. The bulls run on about 54 acres of pasture and the cows run on well over 200 acres. The heifers run on about the same ground as the bulls do. Now our show cattle are at a different location, but within a few miles of where I live. I am very excited about all my work and I know some day it will pay off. I wish that all of you can come to my first production sale in the near future. It would be very interesting to meet all of you. I am building a sale barn and its going to be built out of logs, more like a log cabin style sale barn. You all will like it. I wish that you all come and extend the invitation when that day comes. :cboy:

Hey Caustic, I hand feed my bulls twice a day, don't you? :D

That sounds like a real life commercial environment to me. :)

Hey Hill: Where are you going to run your 200 embryo calves at? Or will they all be penned in the log show barn with straw up to their bellies in a true commercial environment? :roll:

No, I am designing a barn where i can have holding pens to put the lots in before sale time. I have the blue prints and if you would like I could send you a copy of them. Take care.

:cboy: