Exhibiting Cattle.

Help Support CattleToday:

Colin Chevalley

Reaction score
Do many others on this board show their cattle at livestock shows or field days?

I show my South Devons and Brahmans and soon my South Brahvons at about ten shows a year and have an open day on farm every year or two depending on the season.
Here in Australia to win an interbreed award (this is where the champions of each individual breed compete against each other) You mostly find Charolais win then Angus (in Southern areas) in the Northern areas it is often a Brahman or a Brahman derived breed.
Steer shows it is usually Charolais, or Limousin influenced in the heavier weight classes.in the lighter weight, it is often Murray Grey or with Limo influence or Angus influence,though it is pleasing to see South Devon influence creeping in.

Went to a show last weekend, the interbreed female winner was an Angus, a fair sort of heifer but not a patch on a magnificent Hereford cow with a beautiful calf at foot (will make me laugh when she comes up and wins at Sydney Royal in April, the world Hereford Congress Show)
There were other beautiful females in the lineup, including my good Royal Queensland Show champion heifer from last year. Should have taken my top Black SD heifer who was runner up to her. The judges where Angus and Hereford.
Anyway I had a good time despite the stinking hot day.
:)

Colin Chevalley":1jnv31j1 said:
Do many others on this board show their cattle at livestock shows or field days?

I show my South Devons and Brahmans and soon my South Brahvons at about ten shows a year and have an open day on farm every year or two depending on the season.
Here in Australia to win an interbreed award (this is where the champions of each individual breed compete against each other) You mostly find Charolais win then Angus (in Southern areas) in the Northern areas it is often a Brahman or a Brahman derived breed.
Steer shows it is usually Charolais, or Limousin influenced in the heavier weight classes.in the lighter weight, it is often Murray Grey or with Limo influence or Angus influence,though it is pleasing to see South Devon influence creeping in.
Went to a show last weekend, the interbreed female winner was an Angus, a fair sort of heifer but not a patch on a magnificent Hereford cow with a beautiful calf at foot (will make me laugh when she comes up and wins at Sydney Royal in April, the world Hereford Congress Show)
There were other beautiful females in the lineup, including my good Royal Queensland Show champion heifer from last year. Should have taken my top Black SD heifer who was runner up to her. The judges where Angus and Hereford.
Anyway I had a good time despite the stinking hot day.
:)
yes i do .And i show anything anywhere.at the moment i have romagnola,angus cross rom(steer)for manning valley beef week.Last week was first show ,did ok steer -supreme steer out of 42 steers.rom bull won his class(only rom there).Gloucester show next 26th of march,hopefully steer will do as his half brother did last year won every show he entered,including beef week last year.