Exciting Time at the Sale Barn

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Hooked up the trailer to go to the salebarn today when my 2 1/2 granddaughter decided she wanted to go with Paw Paw. I am wore out . I knew better than to take her but I just can't say no and she know's it.
I gave up bidding and we just talked about momma moo's and baby moo's till we went home.

Caustic Burno":3ggk65ic said:
Hooked up the trailer to go to the salebarn today when my 2 1/2 granddaughter decided she wanted to go with Paw Paw. I am wore out . I knew better than to take her but I just can't say no and she know's it.
I gave up bidding and we just talked about momma moo's and baby moo's till we went home.

I'll bet you feel much better now that you shared that little "gift from God" with the rest of us.

I envy you that day and I bet I am not the only one.

Went and got my 2-1/2 year old grandaughter last week at the babysitter. She helped me chore. Took an hour longer, she has to help drive the tractor, hold on to the handles of the ATV to help drive, and hold on to every bucket that I carry. She also peed her pants once, so we went to the house to change them. What a pain! Sure wish she was here this morning to help me, I'd gladly put up with it every day. gs

I am so sorry for ya CB and PG for having to slow down and endure that :lol: :lol:
It sure does make for some good feelings with them little ones around I enjoy mine as much as I can
since the newest is living with us I sure have gotten attached can't wait til he is big enough to start helping I did get him on the dozer for a few minutes the otherday
I bet Grammy has a car seat in the tractor this yr when we are in the hayfields
Tyler who is almost 5 has spent more time in a tractor than most adults they sure do sleep good in a tractor :lol:

I have some that are grown and she is the youngest and slightly spoiled and she can play me like a fiddle and knows it. This girl like's the outdoors if I head out she is putting on her pink rubber boots and camo pink hat and going to. I came real close yesterday to buying her a pair of fainting goat kids to send home with her, this at the moment seemed like a win win make the grand-daughter happy and irritate the DIL. I decided against this course of action thinking this would not make Granny happy. Well she will be back wednesday I am sure we can figure out some trouble to get in then.

Grandchildren are the man above's way of saying thank you for the trials and tribulations you go through raising your children.The best gift a Grandparent could have.
I look forward to each and every visit from my grandchildren.They are all special in there own way.
Thanks CB for sharing your fun time.

Cal

Sounds like you had a grand time. Be thankful they didn't pull out a puppy from nowhere. Happened to me once while my daugther was with me. And yes she can play me and yes we bought the puppy and yes it was an expensive bisquit eater. (I think this was penance for some of my past misdeeds)

Last summer I took my 5 and 3 yr. old to a sale that I wasn't planning on buying anything from. Man they had some fun eating everything they could get that was free, the owner's wife was so taken with them she kept coming by and giving them things I finally had to tell her thank you but please stop. They ask me often to go to another so thy can her the man talk fast.

You know she will appreciate the time she had with you. My grandpa did the same thing and now, even at the age of 20, I still enjoy going with him to the sale barn. Course I imagine now its not nearly as much work as it was when we were that age. I remember a few times even grandma came along (and I'm willing to bet that has been the only time she would go to the salebarn). Sounds like she really enjoys going where ever you are headed.

CB you old softie you loved having your grandbaby at the sale with you.ive taken my neices an nephews meny times to the sale when they was lil.an they loved keeping me jumping getting them candy an cokes.but i wouldnt trade those times for anything.i hope i get todo that some with the great nephew.

Latest posts