Excited about some of our calves...

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
I am sure excited about some of our calves! I took some pics over the last few days, thought I would share with you all tonight...

This first one is a September purebred, sired by Elevate (Select Sires bull) out of a first calf heifer sired by Uno Mas. She is a Sept calf. We bought her from Bright Raven farms, and she is entered to show at our Regional (AR) and National (MN) show this year:
scanep.jpg

This next one is also a Sept purebred, sired by Upperclass out of Simi Valley Zsa Zsa (Jeanne cow), so an embryo.
33f6p86.jpg

And the two of them in the pasture tonight....
15rmo0y.jpg

Both of these girls are great for different reasons, and each kid is showing one. They will compete against each other, so it will be a fun year (or two) watching them battle it out. One is more feminine, and deeper. The other is more muscle, and will appeal to a different kind of judge. Regardless, I think the kids are going to have a fun year with these two!

Nice heifers. Please post pics as they develop. At this point I like the 2nd one a little more but see a lot of potential in the first one.

bball ask me for a picture of the heifer I kept for myself as a replacement over the one I sold FSR (top). This is a Live Ammo out of a big (1700 estimate) Hudson Pine Farm/Rocking P cow. Kris does not like her hip but she has spit out every calf she has had like they were watermelon seeds and the calves are never under 90 pounds. Her biggest was 103 pounds. This calf was 93 pounds, 281 day gestation, DOB 9/16/17. I didn't make any effort to compose this picture. Just shot it as I was doing chores. As a comparison, this calf is considerably bigger than the Elevate calf above.

9r60io.jpg

Bright Raven":58v8lof9 said:
bball ask me for a picture of the heifer I kept for myself as a replacement over the one I sold FSR (top). This is a Live Ammo out of a big (1700 estimate) Hudson Pine Farm/Rocking P cow. Kris does not like her hip but she has spit out every calf she has had like they were watermelon seeds and the calves are never under 90 pounds. Her biggest was 103 pounds. This calf was 93 pounds, 281 day gestation, DOB 9/16/17. I didn't make any effort to compose this picture. Just shot it as I was doing chores. As a comparison, this calf is considerably bigger than the Elevate calf above.

9r60io.jpg

I honestly can't make up my mind between the first 2 heifers, very interested to see how it plays out in the ring.
Ron, I can see why you kept her. She is going to be large and in charge.
Is she a little post legged or is it just the way she is standing? I suspect the latter. Fantastic length and conformation.

bball":1wg6dlro said:
Bright Raven":1wg6dlro said:

9r60io.jpg

I honestly can't make up my mind between the first 2 heifers, very interested to see how it plays out in the ring.
Ron, I can see why you kept her. She is going to be large and in charge.
Is she a little post legged or is it just the way she is standing? I suspect the latter. Fantastic length and conformation.

It is the way she is standing. I will catch her in better form. Thanks. I like her mom.

Thanks for the PR.
I actually like the 1st heifer's body shape & size. I prefer the more feminine front end on my genetics, but using just the picture of the two standing, I would have to go with the more moderate calf.

Latest posts