EVs

Help Support CattleToday:

A battery/electric truck won't work for me now, but I have a lot of battery powered tools. Waiting patiently for a good electric side-by-side. Tired of toting and pouring fuel. I'm a puss in my golden years.

I've looked into it, but they're hard to get in the Midwest right now. Demand is higher than supply and manufacturers are focused on the coasts.

Not currently. I have driven a Tesla model 3 and it is a nice car. The auto-pilot was impressive.

A battery/electric truck won't work for me now, but I have a lot of battery powered tools. Waiting patiently for a good electric side-by-side. Tired of toting and pouring fuel. I'm a puss in my golden years.
There has been an electric side by side for hunting for several years but i have not seen one for heavy work.

Hmm the reason I was asking is when the wife and I were on our way back from a trip to Colarado I needed fuel. When we were at the fuel station I noticed several Tesla charging stations, there were 3 Tesla cars with people inside of the cars. I was thinking, how long have they been there and how much longer will they be there. And just how much were they paying just to sit there. I don't think I could ever just sit there for god knows how long charging a car. Seems like it would take for ever getting somewhere that 1 charge wouldn't take care of the round trip. I filled up 5 times going up and back and i get more miles on my fuel than they do A charge. Don't see me getting one either.

I don't think I'd use one to travel somewhere it took that many fill ups with a gas vehicle. The people charging their ev's probably wasn't traveling that kind of distance either but who knows. If I had one it would be charged at home while I sleep.

Wife is wanting another vehicle before she retires for good (partially retired this year). She said the wanted an EV and I told her no. She doesn't understand that if she is on a long trip, she might be at a charging station for hours if she can even find one. In 5-10 years maybe, but not yet.

Last edited:
My driving is limited now due to my eyes so the old vehicles and hand me downs will see me out however if a reasonably priced UTV electric comes along I think I will be in the market for it.

Ken

They don't work too well in cold weather and cold climates. And the heaters don't put out much heat because it uses too much juice.

Run out of charge on the road someplace and no one is going to bring you a can of electricity. Maybe a good thing for urban drivers in cities that leaves more gas for everybody else.

A few years ago I bought a Dodge Ram V8 hemi for $20gs and I've hauled livestock all over the country with it.

Last edited:
Haven't heard the poor performance in cold weather claim, just that range is decreased by 20% or more.

Personally, I would love one for 99% of my driving. But wouldn't want to take it on a long trip or use one to pull a trailer with.

Consumer reports rates the 2022 Tesla Y as 1 of the 10 least reliable cars.
Introduced in 2020 the Y hasn't had any significant changes and a good deal of the rating is based on 3 recalls of the 2021 Tesla Y model.
2021 Tesla Y $39,990
1. recall for forward collision avoidance system causing sudden stops in traffic.
2. lateral link separation, causing instability in the suspension.
3. hydraulic brakes that cause sudden loss in tire pressure.

Other vehicles on consumer reports 10 least reliable vehicles for 2022 list.
Ford Mustang
Ford Explorer
Chevy Corvette
Chevy Silverado 1500
Chrysler Pacifica
Subaru Ascent
Volkswagen Tiguan
Volvo XC-90
Merecedes-Benz GLE

Latest posts