Everyone is invited

Help Support CattleToday:

smnherf

Reaction score
We are going to be hosting a stop on the South Dakota Hereford tour tomorrow on September 18th. If you are in the area, feel free to join up at anytime. For those who are interested and cant attend in person, at the evening meal DVauction will be broadcasting some of the highlights of the tour, video of some of the operations and the educational seminar. It is going to be a busy day, but it should be fun.

I hope to take some pictures and will post later.

Brian

Thanks, I am expecting a good crowd. They have two buses pretty well filled up and quite a few cars following. Hopefully some local people take time off to come take a look.

Brian

Brian, I sure am looking forward to some pictures of the tour. Would have liked to have made it but it wasn't in the cards. Missed the DVAuction presentation as well. Busy, busy, busy this last week.

Thanks
capt

We would have loved to have you there in person, I understand everyone is busy, but here are a few pictures that I took after most everyone left.

This is the place that we rent. The cows summer here and then they will come home after calves are weaned and we have either corn stalks available to graze or the snow is too deep for them to graze. The nice summer rains made things look very nice although it sure has dried up the past week.

DSCN4019.JPG

A bred heifer. We penned her with her mother and her grandmother and a sister who where nursing their calves. We weighed cows and calf on Monday. Her 2 year old sister wieghed 1170 with a 556 lb March bull calf at side and her 4 year old mother weighed 1140lbs with a 520 April 5 bull calf at side.
DSCN4020.JPG

Her grandmother is pictured right and her sister has her calf nursing.

DSCN4021.JPG

More of the same cow family
DSCN4024.JPG

An overview of some of the display pens. Back and to the left were more pens
DSCN4023.JPG

Another overview of a few of the display pens
DSCN4029.JPG

Another pair with a may bull calf. Probably not the best angle on this cow for a picture.
DSCN4027.JPG

Another bred heifer that I picture on here before. She is 0822 out of my 0232 bull. She was displayed with her mother and maternal sister who were both nursing calves. I have posted pictures of her as a calf.
DSCN40301.JPG

Another pair who was displayed with her maternal sister and her calf. Calf is by 0232. Two yearling bulls were out of this cow family on display too.
DSCN40261.JPG

A overview of the rest of the cows. We had planned on sorting the commercial cows out so people could go through them easier, but sorting pairs took us longer than planned and we ran short of time so we kept them all in. Several people looked through them.

Overall it was a very good day. Busy day, but I enjoyed what we were doing. Met a lot of good people from all over the country that I would never have normally met. I think abvut 140 people came to the place.

I had a friend that took some pictures too and once I get them, I will share them too

Thanks for looking

Brian

Very nice looking place and cattle. I am really impressed with the cow/calf weights. They look like very practical type cattle.

Here are a few more that my wife took at the registration table and then my daughter took while people where there.

IMG_2123.JPG

Two buses showed up, but the second arrived late because it got lost between my stop and the last stop
IMG_2105.JPG

My eldest daughter did a mural. Apparently she thought that it would be fun to use a color other than just white! :lol: :lol: Actually she really enjoys painting and has exhibited painting before at local art shows and 4-H.
IMG_2104.JPG

And here is the artist on her new horse Cody.
IMG_2112.JPG

IMG_2114.JPG

IMG_2131.JPG

0232 is in the backgroung with a couple of his maternal sisters. He bred 45 cows this summer.
IMG_2129.JPG

0822 and her maternal sister with 0512 in the pen behind her
IMG_2133.JPG

IMG_2136.JPG

IMG_2134.JPG

0512, she has the may bull calf on her from my last picture post.
IMG_2137.JPG

0512 and her yearling bred heifer
IMG_2147.JPG

IMG_2164.JPG

IMG_2162.JPG

Some of the bred heifers on display