Ever so confused ??

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
Well here goes. I sold my steer calves to my buyer on Friday. They are 30 miles south of where he and I live. Anyway he tells me he's going to weigh empty at the Coop close to where we live then come on down. When he gets there he starts telling me that he just bought a new truck but its just like the one he had but 5 years newer. (the old one was 2006 F-350 crew cab single wheel. The new one same thing but 2011). But it weighed 2000 lbs less than the old one. Anyway we load the 12 steers that I guess would average between 625# and 650#. His farm that he's taking them to is south of where we live so, I suggest he weigh at the at a closer Coop which we did. With the difference it showed they weighed 9000#. Him and I both thought something was wrong as that's 750# average. Anyway he went and dumped them out, then came back to the same scale that he weighed at loaded they weighed 7440# that's 620# average. Which seemed closer to me as my steer calves seem to always be right round 630#. I just can't believe those two scales could be that far off??? What's you all think? B&G :compute:

Sounds like one of the places needs to check their scales. If its mechanical and the zero is off it wouldn't matter if you weighed in and out on the scale but it also could be a sign someone is up to no good. We had that happen at a coop once.

Jogeephus":2ay0z9x8 said:
Sounds like one of the places needs to check their scales. If its mechanical and the zero is off it wouldn't matter if you weighed in and out on the scale but it also could be a sign someone is up to no good. We had that happen at a coop once.

Jogeephus, That's kinda what I was wondering. I'm going to call the Coop that was heavy on Monday. I wonder if maybe they forgot to clear a Tare weight? B&G

Latest posts