Ever Seen One of These?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Blueboy.jpg

Yes, if you look close you do see blue paint on the grass beside this bugger. I figured he wouldn't scare me or anyone else again if I painted him indigo blue. (Was this illegal?)

i think its illegal to paint predators b/c they can no longer sneak up on food and starve to death. you know, like the albino alligators...

Did you do this after you cut it's head off? I can't see it's head...'course I do have a bad astigmatism :p

Alice

I have that problem too, Alice. Looks like its head was cut off and then glued back on upside down or something. What kind of snake is/was it?

Remember the book/movie Goldfinger? Remember when the woman was painted gold and died because of it? Something about the skin not being able to breathe, or something. I wonder if when the snake got painted blue, his skin couldn't breathe and his head exploded. 8)

Alice

warpaint":28gmmhwm said:
Why not just kill it?

If you had the time to paint it, surely you had time to get something to kill it with.

Had alittle to much time on his hands I think.

Forget about not being about to find prey people.
Can you imagine the abuse the poor thing will take when he tries to go home and explain the blue paint wasnt his idea??

redfornow":301i6otk said:
warpaint":301i6otk said:
Why not just kill it?

If you had the time to paint it, surely you had time to get something to kill it with.

Had alittle to much time on his hands I think.

Forget about not being about to find prey people.
Can you imagine the abuse the poor thing will take when he tries to go home and explain the blue paint wasnt his idea??

Especially with that funky lookin' head...

Alice

Hopefully the snake can find enough dimwitted prey that he'll survive until it's time to shed that skin.

Then I hope he bites you for being a dillweed.

Don't get me wrong here, I've killed my fair share of snakes.. I would not, however, kill one which I felt safe enough to paint. If you felt safe enough around it to paint it, then it didn't really need paint now did it?

:roll:

Alice":3lxm1wji said:
Remember the book/movie Goldfinger? Remember when the woman was painted gold and died because of it? Something about the skin not being able to breathe, or something. I wonder if when the snake got painted blue, his skin couldn't breathe and his head exploded. 8)

Alice

Alice....It is a myth that if you paint a person the will die because the skin can't breath. that was one of the things Flemming used to do to sensationalize his stories...it is on snoops.com about not being true.

warpaint":1r59uo8w said:
Why not just kill it?

I didn't take time to go get paint. I sas marking boundary lines with blue paint - and a pressurized sprayer - when this sucker struck my leg. Thankfully I had chaps on and he didn't get me. This is a cottonmouth and the paint will come off when he gets back in the pond. I thought I was doing pretty good by not killing him. Have tried to show more restraint in this area. But my adrenlin was pretty high and I sprayed him without thinking much about it.

thats a nice pose he's doing for you, looking at the camera like that. how cute. Alice look a little closer.

Jogeephus":60f8vw6m said:
warpaint":60f8vw6m said:
Why not just kill it?

I didn't take time to go get paint. I sas marking boundary lines with blue paint - and a pressurized sprayer - when this sucker struck my leg. Thankfully I had chaps on and he didn't get me. This is a cottonmouth and the paint will come off when he gets back in the pond. I thought I was doing pretty good by not killing him. Have tried to show more restraint in this area. But my adrenlin was pretty high and I sprayed him without thinking much about it.

Being that its a cottonmouth, it would have been one dead snake!!!!

Chris

Beefy":3esl7k04 said:
thats a nice pose he's doing for you, looking at the camera like that. how cute. Alice look a little closer.

Ohhhh, ok, I see it now...man, that's one heck of a candid shot...blue paint and all.

Alice

chrisy":25d3gp7y said:
Alice":25d3gp7y said:

Alice

Alice....It is a myth that if you paint a person the will die because the skin can't breath. that was one of the things Flemming used to do to sensationalize his stories...it is on snoops.com about not being true.
Yeah, I know it is, Chris. I read that book when I was in the 8th grade...and the thought of being painted scared me half to death. So, I went crying to mother and she gave me the business about reading Ian Fleming at that age and when she got done with me, I quit worrying about being painted.

Dang, what kids come up with...like someone was gonna actually paint me. I had one vivid imagination...another reason mother cut me off Ian Fleming until I was about 16 years old. :p

As Paul Harvey would say, "and now you know...the REST of the story."

Only poisonous snake I've got to deal with here in central KY is the copperhead. If I see a copperhead and he gives me half a chance, I'll make him a dead copperhead. If I saw one and all I could safely do was paint him blue, I'd paint him blue.

And here we thought you were crawling around on all fours, spraypainting snakes for gits and shiggles.. :lol: