Ever saw this happen.

Help Support CattleToday:

Bama

Reaction score
I've been going to salebarns for a 1 ton ford truckload of years. I 've saw them get over fences and rails. I've saw them ram about everthing. Today at a sale I saw one bust through the door to the booth. The booth is only about 10' x 12'. There were three people inside at the time. The cow busted through the door and started tearing up the place. The scale guy climbed on top of a cabinet. The auctioneer jumped over the counter. The lady imputing everthing into the computer couldn't get over the counter. The auctioneer helped her as the cow butted her up and over. It was about a 8 foot drop to the floor. The cow went around behind the scale setup and broke through the floor. The space was only about 2 feet between it and the wall. She was stuck! Several ropes later everone was back in their correct places. The scales had to be recalibrated. It was a miracle no one was hurt. She sold a few cows later. She bought a good price even though the auctioneer said she came with a repair bill.

Susie,
if youre REEEAAAALLLLL nice, they might let you hot shot the animals before they go in the ring. :santa:

Bars didn't only bend but was torn loose. It was a door not as strudy as the one's in the ring. It took the whole thing off the hinges. Hinges and frame actually broke. The door opened outward but was pushed in. Hinges frame and all. Sale was delayed a while due to a gas leak and resetting the hinges. There was a gas heater in there for the cold months and was trashed in the wreck. I saw cows break ignort before but this was a first.

did the cow have access to the audience? that would suck to be SOL. i usually sit up top so i can see and so the older people dont have to climb and also so i can see whos buying what(oh and because htey have comfortable chairs up there, lol.) and ive noticed that there are exits up there. i was also thinking today that if a cow rammed that swing gate next to the auctioneer just right or by accident just right if would swing open and that would suck. i thnk if one ever gets out while i'm there which will never happen i would jump in the ring as opposed to getting trampled by people and/or cows.

might make a good horror flick. "Slaughterhouse" or "Cowz Gone Wild"

She was black. She didn't get to the audiance. There was a counter that the auctioneer sit at and the ring between us. I have saw one go over the rails into the audiance before at a differant barn, but it didn't go as wild as this one did. I saw a small goat go through the rails at this barn once. It landed in a order buyers lap. He just threw it back in.

nutty brangus cross, crazy limang, or psycho angus? just curious..

order buyers act like theyve never got cow crap on them before, have you noticed? (or when they get dirt pawed on them). my favorite was the day the longhorn took the phone out while the buyer was on it. they both looked shocked.

I have seen some pretty rank ones come through also. I guess that is why they are all concrete and steel. I remember when the ringman used to hide behind plywood mounted to 4x4's. Not any more. 6 inch steel pipes with 2 inch cross steel pipes.

It was a angus. Not knocking angus, all of the major breeds ( red uns, white uns, and black uns ) have their problems. She was third to the last cow sold. They were already down to the culled cows. This one looked pretty good. After that episode we all knew why she had been culled.

dang im so glad everyone was ok.i bet someone got a chewing for hottshotting that cow.ive seen a few cows try to jump in auctioneers box.but they never made it.seen a few try to jump out of the ring.maddrer than the devil.the seller will die when he gets that repair bill.scott

I don't know how it got there in the first place as the door is not in the normal flow of cattle. I don't know if someone punched it or what. That was out of view from us. All we saw was the door crashing in, then a big ole cow in a little bitty room with 3 people. They had it on tape. Who know it may make it on T.V. some day.

i saw my first real life dwarf at the sale this week. it was an angus of course, bull. not a mini, just a dwarf.

Latest posts