Even toy tractors have their uses!

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
j-rake.jpg

Wormy Coyote":3k2eyit6 said:
Now thats resourceful ! Getting the job done with whatever equipments on hand. :cowboy:

Not as resourceful as this!
mule-rake.jpg

mule-hay.jpg

How heavy is that bale on the back of the ATV? It doesn't even look to be sitting down all that much. I've hauled bales in a pickup box before but never tried on an ATV. Then again I have hitched the stock trailer to the ATV and hauled a couple cows across a crick that was too muddy for the pickup.

novaman":27s9b2ui said:
How heavy is that bale on the back of the ATV? It doesn't even look to be sitting down all that much. I've hauled bales in a pickup box before but never tried on an ATV. Then again I have hitched the stock trailer to the ATV and hauled a couple cows across a crick that was too muddy for the pickup.
Kinda looks like an old bale, so it has lost alot of its original weight.

Limomike":2pqz9g4c said:
novaman":2pqz9g4c said:
Kinda looks like an old bale, so it has lost alot of its original weight.

It was a fresh bale. Or as fresh as anything is after being rained on for a week and tedded a dozen times. Bales ran around 975-1010 on the livestock scale

Dunn, I like your little Kubota. Mine is very similar. Real little workhorse.
Tom.

On a similar note, we're thinking of buying an additional tractor - one I can actually drive at 5'1". Any other shorties out there got soemthing that works well for them? Or warnings about what doesn't? I'm the one who's on the farm the most, and man alive could we get ahead on some things if I could actually drive the tractor! Bushhog work alone could keep me busy for a while.

My wife is 5 foot even and even the little kubota with the seat all the as far forward as it will go is a stretch. Plus about a 2 inch modification to get the seat further forward. She has top sit way forward in the seat and pack a big pillow behind her

you can get a tractor with a hydrastactic tranny aka auto tranny.but that will cost you some money.

Latest posts