even the NRA thinks this is "downright scary"

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm with Starbaby on this. If I see someone with a gun I take notice. If we're at a gun show or some where I expect to see open carry no big deal. I had some guys walk in a restaurant doing the open carry thing, and that was the end of me eating my dinner. I slipped my pistol out of my pocket and was on alert till they sat down. And if they would of sat behind me then what?? I like the old saying
"Out of sight out of mind"

They are within their rights but that doesn't make them smart. I would take notice too, but to take the stance that exposed weapons are inherently dangerous is foolish. Open carry is legal in Arizona too and we saw it all the time. Yes we took notice but we didn't fear the weapon.

highgrit":g3gnccs9 said:
I'm with Starbaby on this. If I see someone with a gun I take notice. If we're at a gun show or some where I expect to see open carry no big deal. I had some guys walk in a restaurant doing the open carry thing, and that was the end of me eating my dinner. I slipped my pistol out of my pocket and was on alert till they sat down. And if they would of sat behind me then what?? I like the old saying
"Out of sight out of mind"

Open carry of a long gun here is legal and always has been.
You walk down the road or in a parking lot etc with a Winchester Model 94
nobody would think anything about it. Do it with an AR 15 the devil is here the
media has done that.
As far open carry of a pistol I am not worried about the criminal open carry they are not .
I worry about the guy wanting to be Wyatt Earp and I end up at the O.K. Corral.
I carry a 1911 all the time. I wouldn't open carry as I see this as making me the primary
target for the criminal if I am at the wrong place at the right time.

sim.-ang.king":yndahsig said:
starbaby":yndahsig said:
my motives ?
if I see open carry people carrying guns on the street and I have my family with me im getting them out of that situation no matter what .
to defend your home and family is 1 thing . before I can feel safe I would sure like to know the motives on the other end of that weapon . since I won't know ,I would eire on the side of caution .
How many men carrying pocket knives do you walk past everyday, and not think a thing of it?
Come on sim...how far is that knife effective and dangerous? How fast does it travel?? You'd be better off with a rock and a firecracker.

starbaby":l71ie72u said:
my motives ?
if I see open carry people carrying guns on the street and I have my family with me im getting them out of that situation no matter what .
to defend your home and family is 1 thing . before I can feel safe I would sure like to know the motives on the other end of that weapon . since I won't know ,I would eire on the side of caution .

I would do the same thing. If I'm eating out and a group of armed men walk in how am I or anyone else to know what they are up to? If I did not know what was going on my first thought would be to get my family to safety.

You know there are a lot better ways to protest than to intimidate people. These guys have a lot of growing up to do.

People are intimidated by the sight of a rifle?

Good Lord this country has become more than a little sissified..............

starbaby":3pme33yq said:
my motives ?

You walk by people everyday in Texas that are packin legal.
The difference is you didn't see it, so the sight scares you not the firearm ?
Most people I know have a CHL and carry.
With your logic you should you should not drive at all cause very few vehicles
in this state don't have a firearm.

TexasBred":2xamg48b said:
sim.-ang.king":2xamg48b said:
starbaby":2xamg48b said:
my motives ?
How many men carrying pocket knives do you walk past everyday, and not think a thing of it?
Come on sim...how far is that knife effective and dangerous? How fast does it travel?? You'd be better off with a rock and a firecracker.
The hand is faster then the eye. Never know when someone might do a ninja assassin move on you. ;-) :lol2:

As for rock, in the hands of a Scott, they are assault weapons. :lol2:

sim.-ang.king":2zdsfmv7 said:
The hand is faster then the eye. Never know when someone might do a ninja assassin move on you. ;-) :lol2:

And with the firecracker...when it goes off an the rock hits them they'll think they've been shot. :mrgreen:

I see no need to walk down the sidewalk with any kind of long gun. CB can give us the bible verse saying all things are legal for him but not all things are necessarily the "smart" thing to do. ;-)

starbaby":3j5w41e7 said:
my motives ?
I would so much rather see english speaking citizens carrying long guns in our streets protesting what they consider to be a threat to our constitutional rights than people speaking a foreign language in our streets waving long guns with the intention of invading us.

TexasBred":3sx844y1 said:
sim.-ang.king":3sx844y1 said:

And with the firecracker...when it goes off an the rock hits them they'll think they've been shot. :mrgreen:

I see no need to walk down the sidewalk with any kind of long gun. CB can give us the bible verse saying all things are legal for him but not all things are necessarily the "smart" thing to do. ;-)

TB I will leave this quote.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Ben Franklin,

With your view on the subject I guess we should
practice our Sieg Heils as Hitler used your logic to disarm a nation
at the cost of 55 million total lives in Europe.

Does any of this ring a bell and I am not talking about the Liberty Bell either.

Nazi Weapons Act of 1938 (Translated to English)

Classified guns for "sporting purposes".
All citizens who wished to purchase firearms had to register with the Nazi officials and have a background check.
Presumed German citizens were hostile and thereby exempted Nazis from the gun control law.
Gave Nazis unrestricted power to decide what kinds of firearms could, or could not be owned by private persons.
The types of ammunition that were legal were subject to control by bureaucrats.
Juveniles under 18 years could not buy firearms and ammunition.

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

I guess you think it can't happen here.

Ryder":w7ikpimg said:
Seems as though :roll: I have seen pictures of a lot of folks in Israel carrying long guns in the open.
Do you think the people over there get all nervous about it?

I doubt it.

Katherine

Ryder":3u9bvdhf said:
Seems as though :roll: I have seen pictures of a lot of folks in Israel carrying long guns in the open.
Do you think the people over there get all nervous about it?
They probably get nervous when they don't.

Latest posts