even the NRA thinks this is "downright scary"

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm not even going to read the article when the caption on the photo is flag sticks out of the barrel of a rifle when it is taped to the side of the barrel

nope I did not notice that . thanks for that .
just didn't know idiot could walk around carrying guns on the street .
and it be legal

Redbull do you think it's wise to walk around with a AK-47 or AR-15 strapped to your shoulder? I don't feel the need to myself, but I do think we should have the right to.

Maybe it was a juvenile stunt, maybe an overabundance of passion, whatever. That said, I find the gun toters more agreeable than the idiots posting their comments on the article.

I decided to edit this for clarity. Not commentators here on CT, the commentators in the article itself.

The right to carry in public sure but once you try to enter private property with those is a whole other issue.

starbaby":7gfdmd04 said:
and it be legal
It's legal and it's their right but I question their judgement

starbaby":2wb2wy2x said:
and it be legal

Just because a person is walking in the street carrying a firearm does not make him the idiot.

Sometimes the idiot is the person who THINKS it should be illegal to carry a firearm in the street.

Bez__

starbaby":9ffjc7ih said:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2014/06/05/318536707/open-carry-gun-laws-spark-texas-backlash
You are from Texas and didn't know it was legal to walk in public with a long gun?
Gun haters count on that and hope for that so when they change the law, there won't be as much opposition and outcry.

NRA btw, has officially backtracked on that original comment by one of their members.

HOUSTON (AP) June 4, 2014— The National Rifle Association has rolled back an earlier statement criticizing "open carry" rallies in Texas in which gun rights advocates have brought military-style assault rifles into public places.
Chris Cox, the executive director of the group's lobbying arm, said in an interview Tuesday on an NRA-hosted radio show that the statement was "a mistake" and that it was written by a staffer who was expressing his personal opinion.

greybeard":10kgy62j said:
starbaby":10kgy62j said:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2014/06/05/318536707/open-carry-gun-laws-spark-texas-backlash
You are from Texas and didn't know it was legal to walk in public with a long gun?
Gun haters count on that and hope for that so when they change the law, there won't be as much opposition and outcry.

NRA btw, has officially backtracked on that original comment by one of their members.

HOUSTON (AP) June 4, 2014— The National Rifle Association has rolled back an earlier statement criticizing "open carry" rallies in Texas in which gun rights advocates have brought military-style assault rifles into public places.
Chris Cox, the executive director of the group's lobbying arm, said in an interview Tuesday on an NRA-hosted radio show that the statement was "a mistake" and that it was written by a [former] staffer who was expressing his personal opinion.

Maybe..

dun":jdrgwmaz said:
starbaby":jdrgwmaz said:
and it be legal
It's legal and it's their right but I question their judgement
Me too...especially when I"m already carrying a pistol. Even in states where it is legal it can get you arrested and charged IF it causes a public disturbance.

my motives ?
if I see open carry people carrying guns on the street and I have my family with me im getting them out of that situation no matter what .
to defend your home and family is 1 thing . before I can feel safe I would sure like to know the motives on the other end of that weapon . since I won't know ,I would eire on the side of caution .

starbaby":28e5fgzx said:
my motives ?
if I see open carry people carrying guns on the street and I have my family with me im getting them out of that situation no matter what .
to defend your home and family is 1 thing . before I can feel safe I would sure like to know the motives on the other end of that weapon . since I won't know ,I would eire on the side of caution .
How many men carrying pocket knives do you walk past everyday, and not think a thing of it?

sim.-ang.king":mu19gdiw said:
starbaby":mu19gdiw said:
my motives ?
How many men carrying pocket knives do you walk past everyday, and not think a thing of it?
Good point Sim. I have known men that when provoked or attacked would draw their Barlow knife and cut your gizzard out. But that didn't mean you were in danger to be around them just because they carried their knives. Back then or now.

sim.-ang.king":29npwix0 said:
starbaby":29npwix0 said:
my motives ?
Not much different then all men are equiiped to commit rape but few ever do.

Latest posts