Evaluating your cow herd

Help Support CattleToday:

JWBrahman

Reaction score
FB_20150406_11_53_00_Saved_Picture.jpg

JWBrahman":10f84uar said:
In evaluation she displays fine depth of body, full heart girth, excellent capacity, strong and even top line, good strength of bone, however she may be a little cow-hocked and shows a shallow brisket. She may register low on the docility EPD. She stands a little close in front, and might need a feet trim. Also, according to the footnote, she is a good producer. All in all - a keeper!

DOC HARRIS

torogmc81":16g8q4dt said:

Her nickname is Tigerstripe. She ain't the prettiest gal and has a few flaws. A smart man knows that she is probably the one in charge. But you can sleep at night knowing that she can pull her weight and only a fool would try to steal her from you. Haha

DOC HARRIS":jpaul3m4 said:
JWBrahman":jpaul3m4 said:
In evaluation she displays fine depth of body, full heart girth, excellent capacity, strong and even top line, good strength of bone, however she may be a little cow-hocked and shows a shallow brisket. She may register low on the docility EPD. She stands a little close in front, and might need a feet trim. Also, according to the footnote, she is a good producer. All in all - a keeper!

DOC HARRIS
I bet the scrotum circumference is off the chart

branguscowgirl":tuqh4m19 said:
co3":tuqh4m19 said:
You guys are killing me.
I doesn't take much to keep them entertained. :pop:

Just because you live in glamorous, cosmopolitan Butte County doesn't mean you can make fun of us hicks from the sticks. We don't have the world's largest concentration of meth addicts to entertain us where I live. Hahaha

That photo says what is often repeated on here: Performance is more important than appearance. A cow is not a pet. She can and will hurt you in the wrong situation.

Sorry for interrupting the "how to hide the 'horn" soap opera that was old 30 years ago.
For what it's worth, this 2010 model weans some respectable calves.
FB_20150411_03_44_53_Saved_Picture.jpg

JWBrahman":6gghew1x said:
branguscowgirl":6gghew1x said:
co3":6gghew1x said:
You guys are killing me.
I doesn't take much to keep them entertained. :pop:

Just because you live in glamorous, cosmopolitan Butte County doesn't mean you can make fun of us hicks from the sticks. We don't have the world's largest concentration of meth addicts to entertain us where I live. Hahaha

That photo says what is often repeated on here: Performance is more important than appearance. A cow is not a pet. She can and will hurt you in the wrong situation.

Sorry for interrupting the "how to hide the 'horn" soap opera that was old 30 years ago.
For what it's worth, this 2010 model weans some respectable calves.
FB_20150411_03_44_53_Saved_Picture.jpg

I don't know where we rank, but the population of pillbillies and meth addicts here is remarkable. There is not a lot of humor in the drug status of this state. The outlook is discouraging.

Yeah, I am not in "glamorous, cosmopolitan Butte County" either. (My nearest town is only population 1,100 or so.) But it sure does have "a large concentration of meth addicts." They don't entertain me, I stay far away from them.
I come here for my entertainment. Much better crowd to run with! :cowboy:

JWBrahman":25ja7qe9 said:
torogmc81":25ja7qe9 said:

Her nickname is Tigerstripe. She ain't the prettiest gal and has a few flaws. A smart man knows that she is probably the one in charge. But you can sleep at night knowing that she can pull her weight and only a fool would try to steal her from you. Haha
my great aunt was like that, she helped my uncle run moonshine..wore a T shirt and overalls in her younger days she could stand flat footed and knock him on his a$$

Latest posts