European Beefmaster Heard growing

Help Support CattleToday:

They must be Loud. :)

In any event as of August 18, 2017 the herd population in Poland is up to One.
Germany being their neighbor can't afford to fall behind in the Beefmaster race to World Domination.

Contrary to popular belief, Beefmaster and Brangus cattle do not keel over dead when the temperature gets below 40°F.

Rafter S":3mbtpti1 said:
Contrary to popular belief, Beefmaster and Brangus cattle do not keel over dead when the temperature gets below 40°F.
Except their ears and loose skin fell off.

Brute 23":2clrl1d8 said:
Despite what people say on here Beefmasters are all over the US. Was just looking at a herd in Indiana online. The Lasater Ranch is in Colorado.
All over the US? Beefmasters and brangus ain't bred for surviving the harsh frigid winters like the Dakotas and Minnesota.

These Brahman based composite breeds were created to take advantage of the hostile southern climate, when you take that out of the equation it becomes hard to select any of these composite from British/Continental cross F1 in northern Europe.

Muddy":2d0ix931 said:
Rafter S":2d0ix931 said:

Pic and caption from a guy raising Beefmaster cattle up north. Look at all that skin and ear. :roll:

Brute 23":1fo3za7a said:
Muddy":1fo3za7a said:
Rafter S":1fo3za7a said:

Pic and caption from a guy raising Beefmaster cattle up north. Look at all that skin and ear. :roll:

Looks like a BeefmasterAdvancer more than the true Beefmaster. Lot of "Beefmasters" in northern states don't have much Brahman in them anyways.

Muddy":2xmdrw4r said:
Brute 23":2xmdrw4r said:
Muddy":2xmdrw4r said:

Looks like a BeefmasterAdvancer more than the true Beefmaster. Lot of "Beefmasters" in northern states don't have much Brahman in them anyways.

:lol2: ... the battle cry of desperation.

There are tons of pics and websites of Beefmaster cattle just like him all over the USA. Y'all refuse to do actual research on these breeds and just spout stuff from 30 years ago.

Muddy, do you own any Beefmaster cattle or are you a sideline QB like TT?

Brute, come out to Minnesota and show me where is the Beefmasters since you're claiming that they are all over in USA.

I don't think anyone is claiming they can't survive, but if you send a group of calves that show any signs of brahman to a local sale, right or wrong the buyers are going to discount them severely.

Plenty of Brahman influence in the area. I'm not arguing profitability or any thing... Just saying they do exist and live up North.

I predict in the next 10 years you are going to see a shift in how most people view Brahman cattle and the beef they produce.

Brute 23":1v0ksttb said:
I predict in the next 10 years you are going to see a shift in how most people view Brahman cattle and the beef they produce.

Why? What has changed in their genotype that will make their beef better? A shift towards lean beef? Their lean beef is really not the issue, it's the lack of tenderness on their beef that is a hard sell and unless there is a serious shift towards Genetic Marker and EPDs for tenderness on the breed I just don't see this happening.

Now Composites are a different story because they have the genetic resources(from their British/Continental DNA) to breed for tenderness and marbling markers.

gaurus":26pnwq3z said:
Brute 23":26pnwq3z said:

Why? What has changed in their genotype that will make their beef better? A shift towards lean beef? Their lean beef is really not the issue, it's the lack of tenderness on their beef that is a hard sell and unless there is a serious shift towards Genetic Marker and EPDs for tenderness on the breed I just don't see this happening.

Now Composites are a different story because they have the genetic resources(from their British/Continental DNA) to breed for tenderness and marbling markers.

From what I have see some of the larger Brahman breeders are moving toward pushing for feedlot tests and grade tests on the Brahman bulls. Now if you are a purebred breeder they are sending all the bulls off to be fed a graded. They are marketing them to buyers with that info.

I sat thru hours and hours of calves last week. The quality Brahman bull calves were with in .15 of the Char calves, which are to the top sellers, and with in .10 of the solid blacks (#2 sellers). The heifers were over $2. Saw several go for 2.2 or 2.3. Thats a solid dollar or more over their heifer counter parts.

End result, you are still taking more dollars home but marketing and breeding over the next 10 years could really close that gap on the bull calves.

Im not talking about these stringy things people on here want to push as being Brahman cattle... Im talking the modern, American, Brahman cattle.

When I came to this area I brought a few BMs with me. Good cattle, but they took the winters pretty hard.
The BMs cross British however outgained everything in sight, stayed fat year 'round and sold right with my Chars.

Latest posts