European Beefmaster Heard growing

Help Support CattleToday:

Its funny. Here in Australia in the late 70's onwards until the 90's when they disapeared Beefmaster was a crossbreed that was used to introduce simmental genetics into the country while people bred up pure simmental. They were say half hereford half simmental.

OzssieDave19":19l6xkcd said:
Its funny. Here in Australia in the late 70's onwards until the 90's when they disapeared Beefmaster was a crossbreed that was used to introduce simmental genetics into the country while people bred up pure simmental. They were say half hereford half simmental.

That sounds like a completely different use of the same name. American Beefmasters are a breed established decades ago, made up of roughly half Brahman, and a quarter each of Hereford and Shorthorn.

dieselbeef":3rs2ixru said:
gggrrrrrrrr
Well I was just being honest. Growing up it was always Brahman or horned Hereford bulls over cracker cows down there. I'm a Beefmaster fan and have a few myself, I just can't bring myself to go hog wild with them.

man they work good for me..everyone always compliments me..i avg above in the mrkts...idk man they do me right..you couldn't give me an angus..and Herefords are ugly and not popular here thos a few bulls are around almost all of em are shipped in form out of state