Euro-Global vs John Deer Quick Attach Differences

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I have a tractor that has a Euro-Global quick attach loader (actually I think they are better than the skid steer attaches). Can someone explain the difference between the Euro-Global and the John Deere Global systems? I have never messed with John Deeres. Do they have different loader systems for different tractors other than the old pin-on's?

Global and Euro are the same thing, where the attachment has a hook which goes around a bar/pin on the top.

JD also has different QA setups for their 3/4/500 series loaders and the 6/700 series.

I've had my fair share of incidents with skid steer style attachments. I think global is definitely superior for heavy duty applications.

Global and euro same thing as far as I know. Global is john deere term for euro mount. The old style pin mount is neither. Im about 95percent on it.

I can't imagine why you think it suppior to skid steer quick attach.
I keep a adapter on mine most of the time.
The euro is more heavy-duty and once you release the pins, all you have to do is pick up and go. No getting off and locking. But, skid steer is the new normal in the US. Larger equipment still uses the Euro-Global.

Last edited:
Global and Euro are the same thing, where the attachment has a hook which goes around a bar/pin on the top.

JD also has different QA setups for their 3/4/500 series loaders and the 6/700 series.

I've had my fair share of incidents with skid steer quick attach. I think global is superior for heavy duty applications.
So that I am clear, the JD Global and the Euro-Global are exactly the same?

Thank you that has had me confused for a couple of years. @callmefence, you may not remember but we talked about this a few years ago and you pointed me to the Amazon one you have. They quit selling them before I pulled the trigger. I can find them online, but I do not want to pay a $1k premium because of wording and labeling.

Thank you that has had me confused for a couple of years. @callmefence, you may not remember but we talked about this a few years ago and you pointed me to the Amazon one you have. They quit selling them before I pulled the trigger. I can find them online, but I do not want to pay a $1k premium because of wording and labeling.
"Amazon.com: Titan Attachments Adapter Global Quick Tach John Deere Universal

I've had my fair share of incidents with skid steer style attachments. I think global is definitely superior for heavy duty applications.
Same here. Can't imagine trying to line up a skid steer setup on the front of a 4wd cab tractor, reminds me too much of the sh*tty quick hitch design on my Bush Hog loader. The visibility and forgiveness is just so much nicer on the Euro's.

Same here. Can't imagine trying to line up a skid steer setup on the front of a 4wd cab tractor, reminds me too much of the sh*tty quick hitch design on my Bush Hog loader. The visibility and forgiveness is just so much nicer on the Euro's.
I appreciate the heavy build of the euro. And it maybe familiarity on my part. But I find skid steer much easier to line up than euro. Especially on implements that you can push a little. With the exception of the new tractor which has been designated as mine and farm use only. I've never had the auto latch on the john deere Last more than a couple months working properly. .the pin is prone to getting bent doing any kind of brush work and the handle for the pin is in a location that makes it prone to snagging all kinds of stuff. Reaching across a trailer with bales for example. You have to work with the handle away from the previous bale or it will snag the net wrap every time.....two cents.

The global is nice for lining up and the "roll back to latch" is nice when it works and isn't bent or frozen, but the availability of attachments is what led me to convert everything over to skid steer setup. I have no issues lining up the SSQA on my big 150+ hp cab tractors.

I can go on Craigslist or FB marketplace any buy just about any attachment in SS setup any day of the week. Only global attachments I've ever seen for sale is factory loader buckets. Probably a regional thing but ill go with it.

The Bushhog loader on our Maxxum isn't too bad. By leaning over in the seat you can see one side of the plate.

I have a skid steer adapter on an older Westendorf loader, that one is a real booger because you can't see anything.

I have had trouble with the lip on some attachments starting to bend and fatigue. Had to repair a couple, and the tapered lock pins have caused me occasional trouble as well. Lost the bale spear once going down the road with a bale on it, that was a fun ride.

With the way Euro attachments have that hook, it would be next to impossible for them to slip off when weighted even if they are not latched, unless you were pushing down on them, unlike skid steer.

Last edited:
.the pin is prone to getting bent doing any kind of brush work and the handle for the pin is in a location that makes it prone to snagging all kinds of stuff.
I agree on the JD version, that handle is in a pretty bad spot. I noticed that one was broke off of one of my folks' tractors recently, one more thing to fix. Quicke puts a lever between the loader beams, much more user friendly and out of harm's way.

I just wanted to update this thread in case someone is searching in the future. The JD global and the Euro global are not the same. The same basic setup, but different spacing on the holes by a large margin.

But as I understand it the global carrier is available on new john deere loaders.
It may very well be, but what they used to label as the JD Global is different from the Euro-Global. I do know that some Massey's have the Euro global now also, I think they call them ALO Quicke or just Quicke. Based on what I have seen, it is an improved design that makes it even easier to attach.

Latest posts