• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Estate Taxes

jt

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
1,278
Reaction score
0
J Baxter":1n7rx7ox said:
To tell you the truth I'm not overly impressed with either candidate. Their war records the same. I do respect Bush and his willingness tp make a decision in a tough situation, but some of his policies (ie legalizing all these illegals, doing away with the estate tax) I just don't agree with.

Might I ask that when some of ya'll come back to chastise me for saying that I favor an estate tax that you provide your explanation for why it is bad?

As far as Kerry and his policies.....I started buying Hunt's ketchup. They'll be prying my guns out of my cold dead fingers and gay rights should be limited to a one way ticket to France.

JB

jb, i guess we will never have the "perfect" president, but i, for one, am glad bush is our president.

now, the real reason i posted... i am not the smartest guy, but would like to know what is "right" with estate taxes? taxing something that one has worked all their life for and paid for with after tax dollars, and then only to have it taxed some more after his death seems ridiculous to me... but then again, like i said, i am not the smartest guy around.

just wondering. not trying to start anything. but dont we pay enough taxes already?

jt
 

BLACKPOWER

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 13, 2004
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Location
NW Nebraska
J Baxter":3crjuroo said:
To tell you the truth I'm not overly impressed with either candidate. Their war records the same. I do respect Bush and his willingness tp make a decision in a tough situation, but some of his policies (ie legalizing all these illegals, doing away with the estate tax) I just don't agree with.

Might I ask that when some of ya'll come back to chastise me for saying that I favor an estate tax that you provide your explanation for why it is bad?

As far as Kerry and his policies.....I started buying Hunt's ketchup. They'll be prying my guns out of my cold dead fingers and gay rights should be limited to a one way ticket to France.

JB

I agree I don't like either one. I wish McCain was running but big money oil boys smeared his honorable war record 4 years ago and shoved him out of the way. As far has Kerry being antigun that is bunk, he is a hunter and a gun owner. He is anti assualt rifles and that is all. I'm a gun owner and hunter and assualt rifles have no place in civilian hands.
 

txag

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
1,712
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
BLACKPOWER":1nt4d5r6 said:
As far has Kerry being antigun that is bunk, he is a hunter and a gun owner. He is anti assualt rifles and that is all. I'm a gun owner and hunter and assualt rifles have no place in civilian hands.

try these links BP:

http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com

http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com ... record.htm

http://www.nraila.org

http://www.nrapvf.org/kerry/Read.aspx?ID=4086


"Kerry & Edwards

Just to be clear on their positions, both Kerry and Edwards took time out from their campaigns to vote on March 2, 2004. Every vote cast by both candidates on that date was against gun owners."
 

txshowmom

Well-known member
Joined
May 11, 2004
Messages
1,252
Reaction score
0
Thanks txag I don't think most people are aware of their voting history.
 

BLACKPOWER

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 13, 2004
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Location
NW Nebraska
txag":3mg8rjaq said:
BLACKPOWER":3mg8rjaq said:
As far has Kerry being antigun that is bunk, he is a hunter and a gun owner. He is anti assualt rifles and that is all. I'm a gun owner and hunter and assualt rifles have no place in civilian hands.

try these links BP:

http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com

http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com ... record.htm

http://www.nraila.org

http://www.nrapvf.org/kerry/Read.aspx?ID=4086


"Kerry & Edwards

Just to be clear on their positions, both Kerry and Edwards took time out from their campaigns to vote on March 2, 2004. Every vote cast by both candidates on that date was against gun owners."

Notice none of the bills literature is published, it merely says "against gun owners". So a vote against assualt rifles is a vote against gun owners? I don't think so. DON'T waste my time with these bogus rightwing bull$hit websites. There all slanted not a credible word in any of them. Why can't you open up your damn eyes and take an objective view of the world and the two men running. I get so damn tired of these tunnel vision right wing wackos and their twisted bull$hit websites. I suppose any website that is Anti Kerry is credible in your eyes? What a bunch of crap.
 

Craig-TX

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
1,214
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Texas
Now, now Blackpower, you’re getting emotional again. You’re an emotional guy aren’t you? The more hard cold facts your confronted with, the more emotional you get. It’s an interesting pattern.

Such name calling. Such cussing. Such pitching of hissy fits. Maybe you should log off and just have yourself a good cry.

So, you’re for anti-gun candidates, you’re for anti-war candidates, you’re for multilateral candidates, you’re for anti-military candidates. So, you’re for candidates who will raise taxes, for candidates who will turn their back on America, for candidates who will ask France for a permission slip before they do France’s heavy lifting, for candidates who will take away gun rights. It's OK. That’s your right.

But if you want to debate the issues and be taken seriously you need to fight facts with facts. That’s the neat thing about truth. Historical facts stand. Senatorial voting records stand. Logic stands.

When you are confronted with historical facts pitching a hissy fit won’t win any arguments and it won’t win you any credibility. It just means that you are a real emotional guy. Dry up and present facts. Or keep your crying towel handy.

Craig-TX
 

la4angus

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
5,063
Reaction score
0
Location
South La
BLACKPOWER":6xo5q5rg said:
txag":6xo5q5rg said:
BLACKPOWER":6xo5q5rg said:
As far has Kerry being antigun that is bunk, he is a hunter and a gun owner. He is anti assualt rifles and that is all. I'm a gun owner and hunter and assualt rifles have no place in civilian hands.

try these links BP:

http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com



http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com ... record.htm

http://www.nraila.org

http://www.nrapvf.org/kerry/Read.aspx?ID=4086


"Kerry & Edwards

Just to be clear on their positions, both Kerry and Edwards took time out from their campaigns to vote on March 2, 2004. Every vote cast by both candidates on that date was against gun owners."

Notice none of the bills literature is published, it merely says "against gun owners". So a vote against assualt rifles is a vote against gun owners? I don't think so. DON'T waste my time with these bogus rightwing bull$hit websites. There all slanted not a credible word in any of them. Why can't you open up your be nice eyes and take an objective view of the world and the two men running. I get so be nice tired of these tunnel vision right wing wackos and their twisted bull$hit websites. I suppose any website that is Anti Kerry is credible in your eyes? What a bunch of be nice.

See txag, this idiot won't believe the truth even when it's put in front of him in black and white.
 

txag

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
1,712
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
ok, here's a link to Kerry's voting record for the 2nd Session 2004. i'll save you some time.......you can read all the issues on the first page without going to the actual bill. the 2nd page shows the votes. it looks like Mar 2 is the only day that Kerry bothered to vote. there are issues on the other days that he claims are important in his candidacy but apparently weren't important enough to vote on:

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/r ... _108_2.htm

here is the link to 2003:

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/r ... _108_1.htm

it takes a while to sort them through but it's interesting to see some of the things Kerry voted against (on the very few times he chose to vote)
 

BLACKPOWER

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 13, 2004
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Location
NW Nebraska
Craig-TX":2vjsxq9z said:
Now, now Blackpower, you’re getting emotional again. You’re an emotional guy aren’t you? The more hard cold facts your confronted with, the more emotional you get. It’s an interesting pattern.

Such name calling. Such cussing. Such pitching of hissy fits. Maybe you should log off and just have yourself a good cry.

So, you’re for anti-gun candidates, you’re for anti-war candidates, you’re for multilateral candidates, you’re for anti-military candidates. So, you’re for candidates who will raise taxes, for candidates who will turn their back on America, for candidates who will ask France for a permission slip before they do France’s heavy lifting, for candidates who will take away gun rights. It's OK. That’s your right.

But if you want to debate the issues and be taken seriously you need to fight facts with facts. That’s the neat thing about truth. Historical facts stand. Senatorial voting records stand. Logic stands.

When you are confronted with historical facts pitching a hissy fit won’t win any arguments and it won’t win you any credibility. It just means that you are a real emotional guy. Dry up and present facts. Or keep your crying towel handy.

Craig-TX

Hey BOY -- DON'T tell me who I stand for. You can twist the reality all you want but don't push your lies on me.
 

la4angus

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
5,063
Reaction score
0
Location
South La
Craig-TX":2byuaq34 said:
Now, now Blackpower, you’re getting emotional again. You’re an emotional guy aren’t you? The more hard cold facts your confronted with, the more emotional you get. It’s an interesting pattern.

Such name calling. Such cussing. Such pitching of hissy fits. Maybe you should log off and just have yourself a good cry.

So, you’re for anti-gun candidates, you’re for anti-war candidates, you’re for multilateral candidates, you’re for anti-military candidates. So, you’re for candidates who will raise taxes, for candidates who will turn their back on America, for candidates who will ask France for a permission slip before they do France’s heavy lifting, for candidates who will take away gun rights. It's OK. That’s your right.

But if you want to debate the issues and be taken seriously you need to fight facts with facts. That’s the neat thing about truth. Historical facts

stand. Senatorial voting records stand. Logic stands.

When you are confronted with historical facts pitching a hissy fit won’t win any arguments and it won’t win you any credibility. It just means that you are a real emotional guy. Dry up and present facts. Or keep your crying towel handy.

Craig-TX

Craig, we have to realize that blackpower is just a little boy and doesn't know what facts are and if he did he really couldn't understand them.
 

J Baxter

Well-known member
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
368
Reaction score
0
Location
E Central Arkansas
jt

We do pay enough in taxes. I'm not arguing that point at all. The estate tax was put into place not as a penalty for being too rich or as a revenue generator but as a tool to keep the extremely wealthy from controlling too large a segment of the U.S. economy. If you just allowed the heirs of multibillionaires to continuosly accumulate wealth then it decreases the opportunities for the rest of us. There probably isn't anyone even on this board that estate taxes will effect.

Can you give me one good reason that a child named Gates should have that much of a head start on a child named 'jones'. It is one thing to give them a few million, but tens of billions.......I don't think that's right. Through them both out there and let each man's merit speak for itself.

JB
 

dun

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
47,334
Reaction score
1
Location
MO Ozarks
I'm certainly no multimillionaire but why should my descendents pay taxes on what I've paid taxes on already.

What is the difference between an assault weapon and any other firearm. Based on the sensless law whihc will slip into oblivion on monday, appearence.
If you believe otherwise you've been reading too much of the yellow press and not checking things out for yourself.

dun
 

Craig-TX

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
1,214
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Texas
dun":3ibpxh1w said:
I'm certainly no multimillionaire but why should my descendents pay taxes on what I've paid taxes on already.

What is the difference between an assault weapon and any other firearm. Based on the sensless law whihc will slip into oblivion on monday, appearence.
If you believe otherwise you've been reading too much of the yellow press and not checking things out for yourself.

dun

Hey Dun, assault weapons are a lot different! They look so mean and threatening. Some of them even have bayonet mounts which means your assailant could possibly decide to cut you instead of blowing a hole in you. Some even have high capacity magazines which means you can keep on shooting instead of pausing for one second to throw another clip in. And in case I didn’t mention it, they look so mean and threatening. Regular rifles look much warmer and more sensitive. Oh, sorry – I was getting emotional.

Craig-TX
 

J Baxter

Well-known member
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
368
Reaction score
0
Location
E Central Arkansas
Dun,

Your estate will not have to pay estate taxes. I'm not talking about the family farm that has been passed down for generations and might be worth a couple of million, I'm talking about the Heinzes, Bushes, Gates and Buffets......people that have multimilliones or billions. The 'money' changing hands most generally hasn't even had taxes paid on it. Most of it is capital gains and therfore not taxed until converted i.e. Bill Gates doesn't have 45 billion dollars worth of tax paid money, he has a couple billion dollars and 40 billion dollars worth of Microsoft stock (which has not had taxes paid on it yet). It isn't like that the estate tax would rob anyone of everything. They still get to keep approximately half of it. That means Bill Jr. would have to start life out with a piddly $22.5 billion. Poor child could have started out a poor 'Dun' with a pair of wore out overalls and a work ethic and would have been a better person for it.

JB
 

Craig-TX

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
1,214
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Texas
J Baxter":17zftwcp said:
The estate tax was put into place not as a penalty for being too rich or as a revenue generator

Not so sure about that. Listen to the libs talk about how unfair it is for the rich to be rich. They already have the rich paying in a huge part of the total revenue. The "poor" don't pay in jack. We in the middle carry both sides.

J Baxter":17zftwcp said:
a tool to keep the extremely wealthy from controlling too large a segment of the U.S. economy.

It's not a zero sum game. Wealthy people hire the rest of us or buy products and services from the rest of us. They are the goose that lays the golden egg. Don't squeeze them too hard or...

J Baxter":17zftwcp said:
If you just allowed the heirs of multibillionaires to continuously accumulate wealth then it decreases the opportunities for the rest of us. There probably isn't anyone even on this board that estate taxes will effect.

What about those who stand to inherit land? Lots of ag families are "land poor."

J Baxter":17zftwcp said:
Can you give me one good reason that a child named Gates should have that much of a head start on a child named 'jones'.

Why shouldn't he? Pulling Gates down doesn't help Jones. It just pulls Gates down and makes Jones feel better.

Craig-TX
 

J Baxter

Well-known member
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
368
Reaction score
0
Location
E Central Arkansas
I'm not for one minute saying that it isn't a good thing to be able to be rich. Not all men are created equal, but we are born pretty much that way. If a man gets rich off of the sweat of his own brow then he deserves it. I don't envy Bill Gates or resent him. He came up with a revolutionary idea that changed the world and became very rich. Good job Bill, but his son (I don't believe he has children, but as an example) has created, worked for or earned a damn thing. It isn't pulling down Gates......he still has 22.5 billion and jones doesn't feel any better. The law was enacted because years ago families like the Rockefellars and Morgans got to the point that they controlled too large a percentage of the pie and believe it or not they were more influential than the government.

What about the Kennedys?

As far as land you are able to pass along 1.5 times as much value in farm as you would be able to in cash. There are plenty of ways to manipulate the system as well.

JB
 

J Baxter

Well-known member
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
368
Reaction score
0
Location
E Central Arkansas
Guys don't get me wrong. I'm probably as conservative as anyone here. I've never voted for a Democrat in anything larger than a county election. I don't like this welfare system that we have set up in our tax code right now....dubbed the earned income credit. I own more guns that half the town. I think that our government is too large and steals from each and everyone of us in the 'middle' class.

JB
 

txag

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
1,712
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
J Baxter,

do you have kids? do you not think they deserve the things (money, land) you've worked for?
 

Latest posts

Top