Ernesto may cross the border

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita

Reaction score
I hope so. Computer models look better today than yesterday. I know you folks in SE TX don't need any, but thats just about where they need to make landfall for west AR to get something wet out of them.

Ouachita":3l13ht0s said:
I hope so. Computer models look better today than yesterday. I know you folks in SE TX don't need any, but thats just about where they need to make landfall for west AR to get something wet out of them.

I am terrible sorry you folk's are in a bind, but why in the he11 would you wish that on us.
Hurricane is a terrible thing in this part of the world lost a cousin in Rita.
Didn't have one fence standing on the place. Went through a half a winter's hay before I got fence's repaired.
Ike was a blast as well.
This is like me wishing the drought on you with fire and brimstone.

Wishing a hurricane on someone is not a nice thing. I remember evacuating when it was thought that Katrina was going to come here. It was horrible. I will never forget the feeling that we would lose everything.

I'm not wishing anything bad on anybody. I don't think I said that. Didn't even think it. I just remarked that is how it usually happens. Just hoping that myself and others can get some rain out of the deal. No harm intended

chippie":3qla5vaq said:
Wishing a hurricane on someone is not a nice thing. I remember evacuating when it was thought that Katrina was going to come here. It was horrible. I will never forget the feeling that we would lose everything.

Well I have went through Carla and a whole host of other 's.
Rita got the blue ribbon, I got to be a pallbearer.
Tree went through Mom and Dad's place pinning my BIL in the bedroom.
I don't have a clue how it didn't kill him went right through the bedroom .
Lost lot's of heirloom item's that had been in the family for generation's.
Took 13 of us a day and half to cut out to the FM road.
I was on a generator 2 week's got lucky the substation is west of me and they were running power back to the hospital. Some folk's were without for month's. I was burning 9 gallon's of diesel a day to run the house.

Caustic Burno":2v34vg1w said:
Ouachita":2v34vg1w said:

I am terrible sorry you folk's are in a bind, but why in the be nice would you wish that on us.
Didn't have one fence standing on the place. Went through a half a winter's hay before I got fence's repaired.
Ike was a blast as well.
You crusty old fart. You know dam good and well Ouichita didn't mean it like that. Do I need to call the misses again? You got smacked around and grounded from CT last time.

I apologize Quachita. I am a little sensitive about it. I have friends near San Antonio who pray that a hurricane hits the Texas Gulf Coast. They don't understand what it is like. I grew up in Houston and still live south of it.

Isomade":2epir8wl said:
Caustic Burno":2epir8wl said:
Ouachita":2epir8wl said:

I am terrible sorry you folk's are in a bind, but why in the be nice would you wish that on us.
Ike was a blast as well.
You crusty old fart. You know dam good and well Ouichita didn't mean it like that. Do I need to call the misses again? You got smacked around and grounded from CT last time.

I know that you little hammerheaded fart.
Most don't have a clue as to a tenth of the crap that comes with one.

If you live through the Hurricane the real crap start's.
You pack openly and sleep with one eye open.
When there is no power,gas,food, the real nasties come out as LEO are up to their eyeball's.
In Rita we had all the Katrina crowd over here whew you have no clue. That was a fine bunch of upstanding citizen's the government was putting up.
I am with Chippie on the apology. Wasn't dogging you Quachta it just bring's shear horror.

Maybe we can get a Tropical storm with about thirty mile an hour wind's and a crap load of rain move that way.

I'm sorry,I would never wish any bad storms on you guys I just hope some of that gulf moisture would make it up here and hopefully trigger some rain.
There are some bad fires west of here that has burned alot of homes.This afternoon the sky was hazey and the wind dropped ashes here and we're probably 50 miles away from the fire.
We did get a little rain this evening probably a few tenths but we will take it.

OS22 we know about the fire's,no fun our whole world burned for three year's down this way entire communitie's. Ya'll stay safe. Scary part is some knucklehead flipping a cigarette when you have the condition's you do. We had two idiot's start one of the largest one's shooting the little propane tank's for fun.
Cousin's wheel bearing went out on the cattle trailer on the way to the sale, when he pulled over it set the national forest on fire and thousand's of acres burned. They fined him for that one and I still haven't figured out how yet.

Crap three of the model's are starting to pull it our way. NOGAP's hasn't issued there model yet it is usually close to right.(US Navy). I guess we will know Wednesday. Guess it is time to check the list again.
Get the window cover's down.

I'm going to buy a new genarator Monday . I can't afford to let my freezers thaw . Rita and Ike really sucked for us . I had 10 different family members in bridge city that flooded out during Ike . My inlaws lost 2 new houses to 4 foot of water . I live far enough north that my house hasn't been affected yet . I also don't have any trees . I'm not looking faward to the idiots at the gas stations and the looters . On the other hand it means a lot of work for me and my crew but I would never wish a hurricane on anyone .

I certainly don't want a hurricane! They usually produce storms with naders and straight line winds that tear stuff up even up here. Just need a little different weather pattern pushed up this way to shake things up.

Let it lessen to a tropical depression and set it's bull's eye on me.

This part of the country is starting to burn. Oklahoma is worse off than us. We need some help.

This high pressure sitting on top of us has done nothing but burn the earth and keep all chances of moisture away. Low humidity, high temp and high winds. A recipe for disaster. Something needs to break the pattern.

backhoeboogie":1xcy29y0 said:
Let it lessen to a tropical depression and set it's bull's eye on me.

This part of the country is starting to burn. Oklahoma is worse off than us. We need some help.

This high pressure sitting on top of us has done nothing but burn the earth and keep all chances of moisture away. Low humidity, high temp and high winds. A recipe for disaster. Something needs to break the pattern.
Go figure - we get August weather in August.... :lol: Wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't already had 6 months of it.

Latest posts