ERA sues PRCA

Help Support CattleToday:

I am sure there is a lot of info I don't know, but for as long I can remember cowboys have competed in the PRCA and other rodeo associations. There was BRO, PBR, CPRA, and few others I can't remember off the top of my head. What ERA is trying to do I have heard they want to compete in PRCA events to gain points toward competing in the ERA finals, and I have heard they want to have their own events separate from the PRCA like the PBR does?

Appears to be a basic non compete agreement. Common in even the smallest business. Nothing unethical that I can see. :2cents:

Bigfoot":202euq80 said:
ERA has cancelled the 2017 season.

Saw that one coming from a mile away. They came to my area last year, but I didnt go. My folks did and said the crowd was so-so. Too many egos, not enough leadership, plus it didn't hurt that they ticked off the largest rodeo organization.

I was kinda on the fence on the ERA; I thought the idea to have a rodeo trail for those who have "paid their dues" was pretty good. However, I also feel they should have worked harder within the PRCA to get it done.

Going to 70+ rodeos a year is tough, especially as you get older and have a family.

I am glad to see some of the bigger stars back in the "regular" rodeos, like ours in San Angelo.