Equifax breach

Help Support CattleToday:

boondocks

Reaction score
Grrrr. Hard to know whether to be more pizzed at the hackers or the idiot credit agencies who get hacked, then try to sell you protection. (Remind anyone else of the Mafia's protection racket? H3ll, they probably hire the hackers so they can then sidle up to you and suggest "you made need a little protection, if youknowwhudimean").

More info on the hack and what you may wish to do:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/08/your ... ctionfront

For a bit over $10 they will freeze your account. Not bad considering 146 million folks may be affected. Oh.. and for another $10 they will unfreeze it.

It's my understanding that freezing your account only helps if the credit card company actually checks your credit before issuing a credit card, and they often don't.

TexasBred":1jy9xy08 said:
For a bit over $10 they will freeze your account. Not bad considering 146 million folks may be affected. Oh.. and for another $10 they will unfreeze it.
sounds like a $3 billion dollar cash grab attempt

Nesikep":xi58f8w9 said:
TexasBred":xi58f8w9 said:
Nesi we're in the wrong business. :lol2:

definitely!
Ever wonder how some people's names suit what they do? Like Bernie Madoff.. who made off with a lot of people's money! We have a conservation officer here who's name is Bob Butcher!

A local German surgeon changed his name from Schlauderaff because when paged in hospital it sounded too much like
Dr. Slaughter(em)off

I knew a John Goff of course he got tagged with the nickname Jack.

TexasBred":1792mij4 said:
Nesikep":1792mij4 said:
TexasBred":1792mij4 said:
For a bit over $10 they will freeze your account.
Not bad considering 146 million folks may be affected. Oh.. and for another $10 they will unfreeze it.
Nesi we're in the wrong business. :lol2:
I'm offering a FREE monitoring service. PM me your credit card info and I'll let you know when it gets abused.

Son of Butch":2afbd8hz said:
A local German surgeon changed his name from Schlauderaff because when paged in hospital it sounded too much like
Dr. Slaughter(em)off

Ok, not sure I should share this one but here goes. My mom was a jr high teacher (back awhile) and they called the teachers in at the beginning of the new school year to introduce the new superintendent, Donald Dyck, and his fine wife Anita.
(Think I'd have kept my maiden name :hide:

boondocks":1aw51hop said:
Son of Butch":1aw51hop said:
Dr. Slaughter(em)off

Ok, not sure I should share this one but here goes. My mom was a jr high teacher (back awhile) and they called the teachers in at the beginning of the new school year to introduce the new superintendent, Donald Dyck, and his fine wife Anita.
(Think I'd have kept my maiden name :hide:

:shock: :shock:
:lol2:

Yeah, I'd have kept my maiden name. :lol:

Who really gave them permission to hold all our info like that? I didn't. There is no excuse for the breech. A company like that should have impenetrable protection layers.

HDRider":3hxf84z1 said:
Who really gave them permission to hold all our info like that? I didn't. There is no excuse for the breech. A company like that should have impenetrable protection layers.
Unfortunately I think permission is buried in a lot of the fine print when you deal with banks, loan companies, etc. Agree it's wrong, or at least needs revisited if they can't keep it safe. There's an internet petition circulating to demand that they provide lifetime monitoring to those whose info was stolen.

Some years ago I signed up with Credit Karma. (Free)
Anytime someone checks my credit or a new account is opened I get an email.

I don't that it helps much but at least I'm aware if someone has stolen info

HDRider":10b7n4m8 said:

No one. They gather our financial date, without permission or compensating us for it, sell it for a profit, and then don't take care of it. I know some people think our entire civilization would collapse without credit scores, but how is this even legal?

Cross-7":28tgk8mg said:
Some years ago I signed up with Credit Karma. (Free)
Anytime someone checks my credit or a new account is opened I get an email.

I don't that it helps much but at least I'm aware if someone has stolen info

I did too so I could watch what was going on with my credit.

Rafter S":6ddfhovx said:
HDRider":6ddfhovx said:

No one. They gather our financial date, without permission or compensating us for it, sell it for a profit, and then don't take care of it. I know some people think our entire civilization would collapse without credit scores, but how is this even legal?
I learned Equifax has had three hacks.

Latest posts