EPDs?

Help Support CattleToday:

fnfarms1

Reaction score
So I've been buying bulls from a guy. Spoke for another about a month ago. He called me 2days ago that the bull got hung up in hay ring, has pretty deep cut in his "back knuckle joint". Said I probably need to consider a backup plan. My bull turn out is May15. The bull may be ok if he can keep the infection out of the joint. However I am starting to look around and consider my options even though I was pretty excited for this bull. He's out of sane cow as my oldest bull and High Road.
All that said I have very little knowledge of EPDs, can read them alittle but it's the whole translating them into use on my cross bred cows. I know enough to know that a 2.5CE isn't the same on my cross breds vs straight Simmis. Sim Angus is what I want. I've had nothing but great success with these the last 5+yrs. He's got another young bull out of Pilgrim that will be along lines of my current bulls but I was going for touch more growth while retaining some CE and maternal. So how can I compare EPDs across breeds? I know it's not an exact science, just guessing