Epds unknown. This is my best heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
IMG_0071_1.jpg

This heifer is a Chi cross. She calved in Sept, about two months after this pic and her calf is 150 pounds heavier than the rest. Below is the bull at 22 months. He was born with a tiny head and 4 heifers have had his calves with no assistance. The flies on his back have been taken care of.

IMG_0093_1.jpg

These are simply unregistered range cattle.

hey feller we dont all keep our cattle in glass bubbles. seeing flies dont bother me a bit, it would be nice to see them knee deep in grass and fly free but that aint the cattle business. i dont think that bull will do those cows justice, but thats my opinion.

good luck

ALACOWMAN":39rd4st1 said:
i dont think that bull will do those cows justice, but thats my opinion. good luck
That's my opinion too. He needs to grow wheels and be replaced with part of the sale price.

Just out of curiosity, how old was the heifer when she calved? She's a fine looking animal, her bag looks like she'd have done you some business sooner than she did! :lol:

Parasites are a real problem. Other folks are running cows on three sides of me, then across the river too. The wick I hung seemed to do okay for fly control.

The heifer was 25 months old when she calved and it was a bull calf. Was hoping for a heifer. The steer won't fetch quite as much because he is colored like her. All others are black like the bull. Solid black or solid white steers fetch a few more nickels at the sales around here. I'm thinking of putting the steer in my freezer.

Thanks for everyone's opinions. I am gonna keep this bull just the same. He and I are getting along.