EPA Man

Help Support CattleToday:

Tommy Ruyle

Reaction score
During a meeting between the Sheep Herders Association of a small Wyoming Town and a young man from the EPA, The young man was explaining a plan to live trap the Coyotes that had been ravaging the Sheep herds. He explained that the coyotes would be trapped, neutered and returned to the wild, thereby reducing the number of coyotes.

After listening to the plan an old cowboy in the rear of the room stood up and said.

"Son I don't think you understand the problem. Them coyotes aint ****ing our sheep, they're eatin' em"

The actual quote took place about 15 years ago, at the Nevada woolgrowers association meeting. The man who said it was named John Espil, I think he was the NWA's president. And the lady that he was talking to was just some random hugga-bunny. He got a standing ovation.

Sounds about right. I know (knew) where there were five redcockaded woodpecker colonies. I enyoyed watching them and was able to work in harmony with them for many years. Being concerned about the continued protection of the bird, I sought some more information and asked a biologist friend (in confidence) for suggestions on how to continue doing this. She explained they were so rare I probably had mistook them for something else and should just go ahead and not worry about it. Then I showed her pictures. She gave me a regulation book about an inch thick with some extremely restrictive and cost prohibitive regulations. The next Monday, two gun patting enforcement wardens and another biologist were at my door demanding to know where they were. That was a mistake - they brought disharmony into both mine and the birds world and they left with nothing.