Enough, I'm Done

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
All the trouble I asked everybody's advice on concerning the saddle club I belong to came to a massive blow up this week. The details are too long to write about, but I was accused of causing the problem, not knowing what was going on, failing to keep accurate notes of meetings and ommiting information from club notes.
That was it. I have had enough of it. I am resigning on Friday at a club meeting. There are plans for the O-Mok-See on Sunday. I do plan on making sure everything is ready for it, but I do not plan on attending.
The accusations came directly from the President.
Since I came to this desicion it feels like a ton of bricks has been lifted off of my shoulders.
Vice President has resigned also.
Sad situation.

Those clubs all seem to be like being back in high school. There were the clicks and you belonged or you didn't. My niece and her husband were in one of those clubs. She was secretary and he was President. How I don't know because he did not ride and I'm not sure he could even spell horse.

At any rate he quit and she almost did for the same reasons. Rumors, accusations, and gossip. I'm glad I belong only to my club. It's called MY club for a reason. I'm the only member. :lol:

Talked to friend who is not a member and they convinced me to at least stay through the O-Mok-See.
See what happens when you try to do the right thing and take over a job nobody else wants. Last time I be the good guy.
This may be mean, but I do get to drop one more bomb shell on them. Found in 2005 no monies from that O-Mok-See were ever deposited into the clubs account nor anything explaining where the monies went. :shock:
No I was not in office at the time.

Well you could have heard a pin drop when I announced my resignation. Here they were planning all of these great things they were going to do and looking at me to get it done and I shell shocked them in one blow. :lol:
I can laugh now, but I couldn't do while sitting there.
One new member just caused a load of trouble though and I have the most unfortunate pleasure to fix it. :mad: He wasn't happy about the number of events offered in his daughters age group. :p
I do get one last bomb shell though. The Vice President was going to have a secret person pick out the winners of the Sportmanship trophies. He gave it to me and told me to do it. :shock:

If you or your kids participate, then just enjoy doing that. You don't need the aggravation of that crap. Good luck.

I'm so happy it is over with. :D Hurray!
It was hard to get the kids set up and going since I was signing everybody up. Screwed up and didn't get my son on the event list. He got thrown from his horse twice and our daughter fell off of the same horse twice too. :shock:
Couldn't figure out what was going on with all three of them. :roll:
It was windy yesterday and I think that was causing the problem.
New secretary sat in the crows nest and ran a timer. Hope she can handle everything I did yesterday. ;-)

I do not plan on renewing my membership to the club. Some other people are leaving with me.

Maybe you can start your own club if that is what you want. I think those offices should be rotated every year just to keep folks from getting into situations like yours. I don't understand how my niece puts up with it but has now for about 4 years.

We did toss that idea around. May think about it in the spring.

There is a couple that has rejoined the club. They are the reason the roping club went under in the first place. They have to have everything their way. He was the one who caused the most problems at the O-Mok-See.
You know the old saying, give them enough rope and they will hang themselves. We tossed them the whole lariet.

Latest posts